Premed 101 Forums

U of S invites

On 6/2/2020 at 1:45 PM, c5555 said:

If nobody has posted anything, that means she hasn’t contacted anybody. This is rare for the college so I think with COVID everything is backed up 

also, I checked the Facebook page that students who are admitted can join, and it says only 5 people joined in the last month. I don't know if this means much, but the fact that theres 22 IP seats could mean that you're right in your assumption

46 minutes ago, futureDr.N said:

I called the admissions office and left a message for Merissa to call me yesterday she has not yet, but I’d even like some info of what classes will be like for fall if online fully or online/in person 

pharmacy students received an email about remote teaching just for term 1. So I'm guessing it must be the same for dent too

On 6/3/2020 at 3:10 PM, futureDr.N said:

I called the admissions office and left a message for Merissa to call me yesterday she has not yet, but I’d even like some info of what classes will be like for fall if online fully or online/in person 

did Merissa end up calling you back?

6 hours ago, ancientsoul said:

Me neither. sorry it has to be this way for us guys. the college and previous forums really had me set up to think that even getting on the waitlist is good cuz they almost always clear into the middle third in previous years.

I felt the same way. It just goes to show that this admission cycle is extremely unusual due to the pandemic. We just have to wait and see what happens and try not to think about it too much.

30 minutes ago, Crockus said:

I felt the same way. It just goes to show that this admission cycle is extremely unusual due to the pandemic. We just have to wait and see what happens and try not to think about it too much.

Yes, i spend most of may thinking every email was something and now im just keeping busy and hoping for the best but planning for the worst, the only thing i can see is if someone got waitlisted for med but accepted to dent but want med acceptance. Dent registration is June 23rd. 

30 minutes ago, futureDr.N said:

Yes, i spend most of may thinking every email was something and now im just keeping busy and hoping for the best but planning for the worst, the only thing i can see is if someone got waitlisted for med but accepted to dent but want med acceptance. Dent registration is June 23rd. 

what do you mean by dent registration is june 23rd? like for tuition deposit?