Premed 101 Forums

How hard is it go get into Med School in Ireland?

Hi everyone! 

I am new to the website and just wondering traditionally how hard is it to get into medical school in ireland as a Canadian Citizen?

I have a 3.8 and just graduated with a degree in biology with honors. Have a decent amount of research experience as well as some very good references. I just won't have enough time to study for the mCAT so I might not do great so I am considering my options! 

Thanks

It's less competitive than getting into a Canadian medical school, But much more competitive getting into a non-FM candian residency coming from Ireland or elsewhere out of US/Canada. Your GPA isn't bad, I would strongly encourage you to take the time to study for the MCAT, even if it means delaying your application a year, and applying multiple times before considering international schools.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/8/2020 at 9:06 PM, bearded frog said:

It's less competitive than getting into a Canadian medical school, But much more competitive getting into a non-FM candian residency coming from Ireland or elsewhere out of US/Canada. Your GPA isn't bad, I would strongly encourage you to take the time to study for the MCAT, even if it means delaying your application a year, and applying multiple times before considering international schools.

Thank you!!