Premed 101 Forums
LastOneStanding

Schulich Class of 2024 Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected

29 minutes ago, pen1290 said:

Admissions email

What time did you email the admissions office about your waitlist position? I emailed this morning but am still waiting to hear back.

1 hour ago, dental1290 said:

Admissions email

I also emailed about the ranking but didnt get any response from them. When did you get your response and when did you contact them? Thanks in advance!

Im on HWL 

my email response from them said "We do not give out any information about how many people are on the Wait List nor where individuals are ranked.  Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List. Any offers not accepted will be filled by individuals on the Wait List.  In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have received an offer of admission."

hope this helps any current or future applicants. Congrats to those admitted and those on the WL!

3 hours ago, DentKoolKid said:

result: accepted

GPA: 3.99

DAT: 19/22/20 (RC/AA/PAT)

UG: 4th year UG+ 1 gap year

ABS: research+publication, volunteering, and club president, very few hours of shadowing

interview: Very well

I will decline for McGill

Congrats!  Are you OOP or IP for McGill?

Accepted!! 

GPA: 3.84 (85% best 2 years; but cGPA was 3.4)

DAT: 22/21/22 (RC/AA/PAT)

ABS: Finished my masters so was able to talk about my research and practicum placements. Also have quite a bit of work experience, some volunteering and 'unique' hobbies.

Interview: Honestly, it was bad. The timer made me panic and I rambled for all the questions except three. I remember listening back on my answers and they weren't coherent.

I'm very excited to be accepted, but at the same time I wasn't expecting it since I have A LOT of red flags on my transcript (low cGPA and my best two years include 2 pass/fail credits) and DAT (bio was 25, but chem was 18 [edit: it was 17]), also I felt my interview went horribly. The only thing I was super confident about was my ABS. Given my application I think it's REALLY telling how much UWO weighs on the ABS. Hope this will help students with their application in the future, and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

6 minutes ago, chout said:

Accepted!! 

GPA: 3.84 (best 2 years; but cGPA was 3.4)

DAT: 22/21/22 (RC/AA/PAT)

ABS: Finished my masters so was able to talk about my research and practicum placements. Also have quite a bit of work experience, some volunteering and 'unique' hobbies.

Interview: Honestly, it was bad. The timer made me panic and I rambled for all the questions except three. I remember listening back on my answers and they weren't coherent.

I'm very excited to be accepted, but at the same time I wasn't expecting it since I have A LOT of red flags on my transcript (low cGPA and my best two years include 2 pass/fail credits) and DAT (bio was 25, but chem was 18), also I felt my interview went horribly. The only thing I was super confident about was my ABS. Given my application I think it's REALLY telling how much UWO weighs on the ABS. Hope this will help students with their application in the future, and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

I agree so much with this! I was nowhere near to some of the other candidates in terms of my ABS, and that’s I think that is why I ended up on the waitlist. Again, it does not matter too much to me because I want to pursue something else. But I think it’s so important to consider the emphasis on having well-rounded individuals rather than someone with perfect stats. 

Waitlisted 

Best 2 year avg: 89.5%

DAT: 21/22/19

ABS: Competitive

Interview: Felt the worst of the ones I have completed. Prefer in-person interviews, and being able to converse with a panel. Also, could not get used to staring in the webcam haha. 

Will be removing my name from wait list for McGill. All the best to everyone!

Result: Waitlist

GPA: 87-88% (2 year average)

DAT: 24/25/23 (RC/AA/PAT)

ABS: Volunteering and shadowing

Interview: Didn't feel terrible but also didn't feel great.

IP, current masters student 

22 hours ago, Predent__ said:

Result: Waitlist

GPA: 87-88% (2 year average)

DAT: 24/25/23 (RC/AA/PAT)

ABS: Volunteering and shadowing

Interview: Didn't feel terrible but also didn't feel great.

IP, current masters student 

do you know if youre on HWL or Mid WL?

12 hours ago, datextr1 said:

Anyone have an idea as to how many people are in each of the categories of HWL MWL and LWL? 

I could be 100% wrong on this but based on previous years’ forums people have suspected about 15ish on the HWL but I couldn’t tell you for the MWL/LWL

On 5/8/2020 at 8:43 AM, Dippandpip said:

Result: Admitted

GPA: 96%/4.0

DAT: 23AA 24PAT 22RC

ABS: Mix of things

Interview: Thought it went well. 

Will most likely be declining my offer if the button fiasco proves right, LOL. 

what is the button fiasco?

8 hours ago, fishionado said:

what is the button fiasco?

It's basically a glitch on OMSAS where some Mcmaster med applicants have a button that should only appear once they are offered admissions. You can read the entire story in the general premed forum. It's pretty funny. 

Result: Accepted (delayed post)

GPA: 95%

DAT: 27 RC/ 22 AA / 18 PAT

ABS: Research (no pubs), sports and volunteering all long term >1000 hours. No shadowing

Interview: Felt good, I seemed to be using similar ideas to answer every question. Timers were very interesting haha.

Will be declining! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist! Feel free to DM if you have any questions