Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
LastOneStanding

Schulich Class of 2024 Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, juzchill said:

Lol what? I’m not trolling anyone or adding to the uncertainty. I received an email about my waitlist position stating the following which is why I even asked!  In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have received an offer of admission. 
 

Maybe you should be more concerned about contacting western and figuring it out, rather than commenting on a pre-med forum. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CoolJellyBean said:

Hey guys, quick question lool. Did anyone do the police check yet? And if so what website did you use!

You have to go through your local police department! It may be online or you may have to phone in :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tooth said:

You have to go through your local police department! It may be online or you may have to phone in :)

My police department suspended police record checks during Covid-19 indefinitely since March :( I'm not sure what to do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CoolJellyBean said:

My police department suspended police record checks during Covid-19 indefinitely since March :( I'm not sure what to do!

Mine also suspended them - I called and explained the situation and they ended up giving me a special link to do it. If you still can’t, contact admissions and they will let you know what to do! Hope that helps 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tooth said:

Mine also suspended them - I called and explained the situation and they ended up giving me a special link to do it. If you still can’t, contact admissions and they will let you know what to do! Hope that helps 

Thanks so much! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CoolJellyBean said:

Hey guys, quick question lool. Did anyone do the police check yet? And if so what website did you use!

You can get it through mybackcheck and if Western is registered on it you can select them to send the results directly to them. Or just email the results. I’ve used mybackcheck several times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pinkelephant said:

You can get it through mybackcheck and if Western is registered on it you can select them to send the results directly to them. Or just email the results. I’ve used mybackcheck several times. 

Thank so much! Do they also do Vulnerable Sector Screening?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, CoolJellyBean said:

Thank so much! Do they also do Vulnerable Sector Screening?

Yes, just explain in the reason why you're requesting it that your clinical requires contact with patients of all ages/backgrounds. Once it's completed you'll get a pdf in your email with your personal serial number to unlock the vulnerable sector results on mybackcheck (you don't have to go into the station). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, pinkelephant said:

Yes, just explain in the reason why you're requesting it that your clinical requires contact with patients of all ages/backgrounds. Once it's completed you'll get a pdf in your email with your personal serial number to unlock the vulnerable sector results on mybackcheck (you don't have to go into the station). 

wow thanks so much for your help!! super appreciate it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, inininini said:

you could've just took it from anyone who already posted that message already. Idk why you're trolling on multiple threads man, grow up

Okay one more time you say I’m trolling and that won’t end nicely. This is the second year I’m applying and I’m just as stressed as you or anybody else on the waitlist. I said I’m on the HWL means I am! And I have absolutely no need to go around trolling on a PRE MED forum in the midst of a pandemic. So before you openly call out someone without ascertaining facts, it would be nice if you private message them to clarify things. 
also, what’s the guarantee that you’re not a troll? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, juzchill said:

Okay one more time you say I’m trolling and that won’t end nicely. This is the second year I’m applying and I’m just as stressed as you or anybody else on the waitlist. I said I’m on the HWL means I am! And I have absolutely no need to go around trolling on a PRE MED forum in the midst of a pandemic. So before you openly call out someone without ascertaining facts, it would be nice if you private message them to clarify things. 
also, what’s the guarantee that you’re not a troll? 

I understand your situation and I truly sympathize with your frustration. We are all on the same boat regarding stress levels. The confusion is because someone posted on the forum that they got off the MWL. Have you emailed admissions regarding the issue? It would help all of us (you specially) knowing what is happening and where the WL is at right now! Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, juzchill said:

Okay one more time you say I’m trolling and that won’t end nicely. This is the second year I’m applying and I’m just as stressed as you or anybody else on the waitlist. I said I’m on the HWL means I am! And I have absolutely no need to go around trolling on a PRE MED forum in the midst of a pandemic. So before you openly call out someone without ascertaining facts, it would be nice if you private message them to clarify things. 
also, what’s the guarantee that you’re not a troll? 

End nicely? Okay. If I'm wrong, I apologize for jumping to conclusions. Have you spoken to admissions? What did they say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@inininini You need to relax. Overreacting to what a potential future classmate said knowing that they were trying to be helpful has no merit for anyone, especially since no one is obligated to share anything on this forum in the first place. Not to mention posting several times/every day on here won't be of any help towards your stress. Try to enjoy the rest of your summer and focus on other things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, UWODENT4LIFE said:

Hey everyone :) I'm a fellow MWL as well. Has anybody heard anything recently. This wait is horrible lol

MWL is moving. I know for fact that at leas 3 people got the call already! The wait is indeed HORRIBLE! Hang in there and GOOD LUCK!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...