Premed 101 Forums

Schulich Class of 2024 Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected

4 minutes ago, juzchill said:

Lol what? I’m not trolling anyone or adding to the uncertainty. I received an email about my waitlist position stating the following which is why I even asked!  In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have received an offer of admission. 

Maybe you should be more concerned about contacting western and figuring it out, rather than commenting on a pre-med forum. 

7 minutes ago, CoolJellyBean said:

Hey guys, quick question lool. Did anyone do the police check yet? And if so what website did you use!

You have to go through your local police department! It may be online or you may have to phone in :)

3 minutes ago, CoolJellyBean said:

My police department suspended police record checks during Covid-19 indefinitely since March :( I'm not sure what to do!

Mine also suspended them - I called and explained the situation and they ended up giving me a special link to do it. If you still can’t, contact admissions and they will let you know what to do! Hope that helps 

22 hours ago, CoolJellyBean said:

Hey guys, quick question lool. Did anyone do the police check yet? And if so what website did you use!

You can get it through mybackcheck and if Western is registered on it you can select them to send the results directly to them. Or just email the results. I’ve used mybackcheck several times. 

34 minutes ago, CoolJellyBean said:

Thank so much! Do they also do Vulnerable Sector Screening?

Yes, just explain in the reason why you're requesting it that your clinical requires contact with patients of all ages/backgrounds. Once it's completed you'll get a pdf in your email with your personal serial number to unlock the vulnerable sector results on mybackcheck (you don't have to go into the station). 

22 minutes ago, pinkelephant said:

Yes, just explain in the reason why you're requesting it that your clinical requires contact with patients of all ages/backgrounds. Once it's completed you'll get a pdf in your email with your personal serial number to unlock the vulnerable sector results on mybackcheck (you don't have to go into the station). 

wow thanks so much for your help!! super appreciate it!

9 minutes ago, inininini said:

you could've just took it from anyone who already posted that message already. Idk why you're trolling on multiple threads man, grow up

Okay one more time you say I’m trolling and that won’t end nicely. This is the second year I’m applying and I’m just as stressed as you or anybody else on the waitlist. I said I’m on the HWL means I am! And I have absolutely no need to go around trolling on a PRE MED forum in the midst of a pandemic. So before you openly call out someone without ascertaining facts, it would be nice if you private message them to clarify things. 
also, what’s the guarantee that you’re not a troll? 

2 minutes ago, juzchill said:

Okay one more time you say I’m trolling and that won’t end nicely. This is the second year I’m applying and I’m just as stressed as you or anybody else on the waitlist. I said I’m on the HWL means I am! And I have absolutely no need to go around trolling on a PRE MED forum in the midst of a pandemic. So before you openly call out someone without ascertaining facts, it would be nice if you private message them to clarify things. 

I understand your situation and I truly sympathize with your frustration. We are all on the same boat regarding stress levels. The confusion is because someone posted on the forum that they got off the MWL. Have you emailed admissions regarding the issue? It would help all of us (you specially) knowing what is happening and where the WL is at right now! Good luck

9 minutes ago, juzchill said:

End nicely? Okay. If I'm wrong, I apologize for jumping to conclusions. Have you spoken to admissions? What did they say?

@inininini You need to relax. Overreacting to what a potential future classmate said knowing that they were trying to be helpful has no merit for anyone, especially since no one is obligated to share anything on this forum in the first place. Not to mention posting several times/every day on here won't be of any help towards your stress. Try to enjoy the rest of your summer and focus on other things.