Premed 101 Forums

Schulich Class of 2024 Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected

39 minutes ago, Stellar15 said:

I did this morning but no reply yet. Do you know if they would leave a message or not? This is the absolute worst lol

I hear that they did in previous years, but maybe because they’re calling from a personal phone she can’t leave a number to call back at? Hopefully you get called tomorrow! 

Just wanted to provide you guys with this!

The Schulich Medicine & Dentistry Admissions Office would like to let you know that our office will be closed from 1:00PM ET on Friday, June 26 until 8:30AM ET on Thursday, July 2. The closure applies to the entire Western University campus community.

Have a great week guys! :) 

1 hour ago, inininini said:

Does anybody know what westerns format will be for the fall semester? Do we have to live in London? Or can we get away with staying home for the first semester ?

It’s going to be both in class and virtual, so we’ve been instructed to find accommodations in London! 

9 minutes ago, dental0550 said:

Not that I am aware. But we know that at least two people will decline/declined recently. But haven’t heard of waitlist movement since! 

That's what I'm thinking. I know 2 people on the forums said recently they're going to decline their offer- but there's been no movement. So maybe they're not declining their offers after all 

On 7/7/2020 at 4:33 PM, UWODENT4LIFE said:

That's what I'm thinking. I know 2 people on the forums said recently they're going to decline their offer- but there's been no movement. So maybe they're not declining their offers after all 

Or...maybe its because not everyone who is on the waitlist is on this forum? Lol. I'm telling y'all there's no benefit in constantly asking people here whether or not they received a call, because a good portion of your class are not on here. And people who receive an offer or who are going to decline and are on the forum will most likely post on here without prompt anyways. Geez I'm getting second hand stress from reading these posts. 

On 7/8/2020 at 4:49 PM, uwodent123456 said:

Or...maybe its because not everyone who is on the waitlist is on this forum? Lol. I'm telling y'all there's no benefit in constantly asking people here whether or not they received a call, because a good portion of your class are not on here. And people who receive an offer or who are going to decline and are on the forum will most likely post on here without prompt anyways. Geez I'm getting second hand stress from reading these posts. 

On 7/9/2020 at 9:59 AM, Dent_hopeful2021 said:

why would you go to Aus and not just apply again next year? You're clearly competitive for Canada!

Australia has its benefits. I heard from various peers you get way more clinical experience than uoft/western, which I prefer. Yes it is about 100-150k more, but in my position, I would rather get into a dental school as soon as I can (January 2021) instead of waiting another year because I have a practice set up for me when I am done the 4 years. 

On 7/13/2020 at 3:50 PM, TheDiabeticDentist said:

Australia has its benefits. I heard from various peers you get way more clinical experience than uoft/western, which I prefer. Yes it is about 100-150k more, but in my position, I would rather get into a dental school as soon as I can (January 2021) instead of waiting another year because I have a practice set up for me when I am done the 4 years. 

woah lmao I'm literally in the SAME position as you! My stats are very similar (gpa, dat and ECs), waitlisted for western, and was debating If I should just try again next year to get into a Canadian dental school or go to Australia and come back to Canada because I have a practice set up for me when I am done the 4 years. What did you decide on? I already applied to Australia and am leaning towards going to usyd or umelb haha