Premed 101 Forums

Western Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected 2019-2020

Result: Accepted (unspecified) ((HOLY))hope it’s London!

Timestamp: 12:05

2-year GPA: 3.95

MCAT: 129/127/126 

Interview: in person 

I left feeling like I bombed it lol so the last few months have been rough  

Year: finishing 5th year

Geography: Non-SWOMEN

Thinking about my breakdown after seeing my 127 cars back in September and having my western dream being (seemingly) thrown away ... to right now. This moment is surreal. Seriously. Thankful I put my all into those essays ... insane. 

most likely will be accepting !! Waiting to hear about Ottawa tho

Result: Accepted (Windsor)

Timestamp: 12:01am 

2-year GPA: 4.0

MCAT:  132/125/131 - YUP there is hope for all of you that got a 125 on CARS

Interview: Online 

Year: Last year of undergrad

Geography: SWOMEN

I will be accepting my offer to Schulich. Still waiting to hear from other schools but Western was my #1 pick anyway.

7 minutes ago, bbtlove said:

Result: Accepted (unspecified) ((HOLY SHIT)) - hope it’s London!

Timestamp: 12:05

2-year GPA: 2.95

MCAT: 129/127/126 

Interview: in person 

I left feeling like I bombed it lol so the last few months have been rough  

Year: finishing 5th year

Thinking about my breakdown after seeing my 127 cars back in September and having my western dream being (seemingly) thrown away ... to right now. This moment is surreal. Seriously. Thankful I put my all into those essays ... insane. 

Do you mean 3.95??

Result: Accepted (Unspecified, student portal)

Timestamp: 12:02am

2-year GPA: 3.83

MCAT: 129/130/127

Interview: (online) felt good, thought I gave good concise answers and didn't ramble, made a couple jokes about the lockdown that I figure they liked

Year: graduated

I honestly don't remember if I picked Windsor or London lmao, down for either at this point. Good luck to all those on the waitlist this year, I was in the same position last year and the wait sucks. Hang tight

1 hour ago, nowmed said:

Result: Accepted (London)

Timestamp: 12:00 (midnight)

2-year GPA: 3.74

MCAT: 128/127/128

Interview: In person. Finished 15min early but honestly felt like the interviewers appreciated my concise answers. Doubted myself and was replaying the interview in my head CONSTANTLY until now.

Year: Just graduated

Will be accepting my offer!

Just so you guys know, this was my only interview. Seriously thought I would have to redo the MCAT this summer and do a second undergrad/Masters. So for all of you who only got one interview or have a low GPA, never give up!

So excited to meet you!! Low GPA squad unite LOL. CONGRATS!! I was in the same boat- lower GPA, only interview, first app cycle. Stunned

Result: ACCEPTED!!!! (London, student portal)

Timestamp: 12:17am

2-year GPA: 3.78

MCAT: 128/126/127

Interview: Online. Initially felt good and super conversational but started to doubt myself in the past couple of months and cringed at everything I said. 

Year: 4th year  

I really thought I didn’t have much of a chance given my gpa/mcat but wow I’m so surprised/happy/excited!!! This was my only interview sooo will definitely be accepting :) 

Result: Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!! (London)

Timestamp: 12:00am

2-year GPA: 3.98

MCAT: 130/131/129

Interview: Felt okay but was worried about it

Year: 4th year  

Geography: NON-SWOMEN

Will be Accepting Western over McMaster because of the terrible job McMaster has done with admissions this year and I don't want specialty/residency schools to look down upon me as being part of the "lottery" class in the future.

Good luck everyone!

•  

Result: ACCEPTED! (London) - will be accepting 

Timestamp: 12:00 on student center

2-year GPA: 3.82

MCAT: 127/129/128

Interview: Online - Felt okay initially but kept second guessing all my answers in the weeks leading up to May 12th

Year: Graduated this year, 5th year

Feeling so shocked and overwhelmed with happiness. As someone who went from a 3.3 and 2.8 GPA in my first and second year, to getting accepted with only one interview, it is possible to turn things around! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Result: Accepted (unspecified) would prefer London/WOOOOHOOOO :)))))

Timestamp: 12:00 on student centre

2-year GPA: 3.93

MCAT: 130/128/129

Interview: online, I was reallly nervous honestly and a bit short with my answers, but I shared some personal pieces of myself which settled me down. I talked pretty fast and finished 15 minutes early, but I think our unstructured conversation where I asked them some questions and had a good back and forth with them was the best part. I focused on just showing them I care about people and the opportunity in front of me

Year: 2 years out of undergrad

GeographyNon-SWOMEN

I will be accepting the offer, I’m so excited!