Premed 101 Forums

Western Waitlist Party 2019-2020

52 minutes ago, rmorelan said:

and why would they care? I mean and I have to be clear on this - Windsor is a great location to do medical school training. That isn't just the "party line" that is reality from an educational stand point (you can objectively see that it is true). There of course can be other factors and preferences but the school itself is solid there. Medicine often doesn't really care beyond that in our training (same with residency - you will get sent where ever really for a lot of the fields. Limited geographic control to say the least). 

Absolutely agree with you! Sorry if that didn't come across - I was trying to communicate that they don't care where waitlist ends up because they know (objectively as you have said) that our education is entirely equal to London. I had ranked London as my first choice and I've had nothing but great experiences all around here in Windsor - can't imagine being anywhere else! :) 

Only TWO people have said that they didn’t get their first choice so far, which is probably expected. Last year had people who didn’t get their first choice either

i would be concerned if 15 or 20 people posted and said they all got Windsor when it wasn’t their first choice, which would be unlike any year on this forum

I’m feeling nervous too, but I want to stay hopeful for all of us.
Good news is that HWL will probably start hearing back tomorrow which is
exciting! The waitlist will finally start moving :) 

edit: sorry this is in response to earlier comments on whether today’s situation is normal or not. I didn’t see the recent posts before this so my post may appear disjointed haha 

1 minute ago, Gaming2Much said:

Last time Western didn’t clear the HWL, they shrunk the HWL... is it possible that they end up not clearing a smaller HWL when every year between that one and now has gone 1/3 or 1/2 into the NWL?

Im hoping its small enough that at least the hwl will clear. Feeling pretty bummed rn tbh

3 minutes ago, Scrubadubdub said:

Only TWO people have said that they didn’t get their first choice so far, which is probably expected. Last year had people who didn’t get their first choice either

i would be concerned if 15 or 20 people posted and said they all got Windsor when it wasn’t their first choice, which would be unlike any year on this forum

I’m feeling nervous too, but I want to stay hopeful for all of us.
Good news is that HWL will probably start hearing back tomorrow which is
exciting! The waitlist will finally start moving :) 

HWL will probably start hearing back as early as today! I heard back around 4pm on the equivalent of today last year (Thursday May 30th). I'm so so excited for you guys (and double excited for everyone who ends up in Windsor!) :) 

edit: @Gaming2Much you're correct! That's what happened last year.