Premed 101 Forums

Western Waitlist Party 2019-2020

1 minute ago, rmorelan said:

but some HWL did get London I thought(?) So the total number of people that declined had to be more than 38 (or likely much more) as we don't get every HWL reporting even and of course the unspecified spots etc. Some may have selected Windsor but it is relatively rare.

How could some HWL get London but not unspecified?

6 minutes ago, rmorelan said:

but some HWL did get London I thought(?) So the total number of people that declined had to be more than 38 (or likely much more) as we don't get every HWL reporting even and of course the unspecified spots etc. Some may have selected Windsor but it is relatively rare.

I don't think any HWL got London this cycle. There were several unspecified who wanted London but got Windsor instead.

Just now, NWL@UWO said:

Hey everyone, got a call @1:59 today... off from NWL at Windsor. Honestly been a longgggggggggggg process and it’s finally done! Hopefully someone else gets off NWL too. 

outstanding! 

I was getting worried we weren't going to clear that - which would be bad news for waitlisters, and also add a lot of stress in general (this may sound a bit silly but I want people to have faith in the high waitlist system if they are going to have one). 

hopefully we can move deeper into the NWL now. 

4 hours ago, dooogs said:

Anybody know when the class is "final"? From previous years ?

In the waitlist e-mail, they wrote that they expect all the seats to be filled by August 31. I think that's their way of giving us an official end date for waitlist movement

Last year, someone on this forum said that they were accepted at the end of July so that's another possible endpoint for you 

Maybe someone else can chime in if they have any more information. :) 

On 6/5/2020 at 3:35 PM, dooogs said:

Does Schulich send a class full e-mail or something like that? Wondering when my campus site will be set in stone

They do send a class full email but it's usually sent very late even weeks after the class is full. It's not unheard of for a few (think 1-2) offers to be handed out in late summer for a variety of reasons, but almost all of the spots are filled much earlier.