Premed 101 Forums

Western Waitlist Party 2019-2020

I hope there's a correlation! I'm 9:06 as well @Owns123 :lol: What timestamp are you @User222 ?

NWL@UWO had the earliest timestamp at 9:05 a.m. and s/he was also the first one on the forum to get offered a spot off NWL. If someone got the normal waitlist e-mail at 9:05, but hasn't been offered a spot yet then that probably means that there is no correlation. Has this happened to anyone?

Even if it doesn't eventually mean anything its an innocent way to pass the time this week :D 

When did the rest of you on the NWL get your waitlist e-mail on May 12? 

7 minutes ago, Scrubadubdub said:

I hope there's a correlation! I'm 9:06 as well @Owns123 :lol: What timestamp are you @User222 ?

NWL@UWO had the earliest timestamp at 9:05 a.m. and s/he was also the first one on the forum to get offered a spot off NWL. If someone got the normal waitlist e-mail at 9:05, but hasn't been offered a spot yet then that probably means that there is no correlation. Has this happened to anyone?

Even if it doesn't eventually mean anything its an innocent way to pass the time this week :D 

Not sure if timestamp means anything, but mine was sent at 9:06:14 and delivered at 9:06:18.

12 minutes ago, Scrubadubdub said:

Not sure if this is an Ottawa situation but I got my email 9:06:08 and my last name is at the end of the alphabet. I think majority of people got it at around the same time?

22 hours ago, Scrubadubdub said:

If someone got the normal waitlist e-mail at 9:05, but hasn't been offered a spot yet then that probably means that there is no correlation. Has this happened to anyone?

I got my NWL email at 9:05 am and have not been called. I don't think the timestamp is of any relevance :( 

13 minutes ago, Scrubadubdub said:

Does anyone know the deadlines to watch out for over the summer that might open up some spots for those on the waitlist? 

I believe graduate students have to submit a document by June 30 to say they will complete their program by August, so maybe if someone has to defer their offer to finish the program (in case covid interfered with lab time or something of the sort), a spot or two will open up after June 30? :/ 

53 minutes ago, Scrubadubdub said:

Does anyone know the deadlines to watch out for over the summer that might open up some spots for those on the waitlist? 

Here's a link to the checklist of requirements for entering students and the corresponding deadlines:

https://www.schulich.uwo.ca/med_dent_admissions/docs/MD2024_Wdsr_Entering_Student_Requirements_Checklist_Jun3.pdf

41 minutes ago, convertedlurker said:

I'm assuming the waitlist movement is over except for the possible deadline exceptions. I'm not sure if that's a pessimistic interpretation of the silence, but it is in line with the worst predictions of how this cycle would turn out.

Any thoughts?

I agree- I think because the first waitlist wave was relatively small, there wasn't a lot of room for subsequent waitlist offers :(  I'm still hoping that there will be a few deferrals and a couple of us will get in around early-mid july!