Premed 101 Forums

Reapplying to med schools multiple times?

I've applied 3 times over the past 5 years. I've worked multiple jobs and have been working as a personal trainer and sports nutritionist for the past 1.5 years. I've written my MCAT twice and I spend most of my free time focusing on my ECs, and working on a research study. This was my first year getting interviews! Unfortunately ended up in one rejection but I'm on the waitlist at Western. If I'm not successful, I'll definitely be applying again.

Just echoing what takasugi said, you gotta keep living your life. Do what your passionate about and it'll show on your application and in your interviews. It's tough to stand out amongst all the applicants but admissions committees can easily detect an application built by passion rather than just resume padding. 

I haven't cracked the process just yet but feel free to message me if you want to chat about it. :)

I tried for 5 cycles. 4 applications, I didn't make MCAT cutoffs the first application. 

I echo what everyone above said. I graduated, worked as a clinical research coordinator for 2 years, and just moved on with life. I met my current partner, started playing in recreational sports more, volunteered at a cat shelter because I liked furbabies, and worked on other hobbies. I always had medicine as my goal, but you can't just work on it 100% all the time.