Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Waitlist Party 2020

This is a good idea, I just wanna say as someone on their 5th cycle this is the closest I've come to an acceptance and as much as it hurts that I wasn't in control of my own destiny (not being able to interview). I hope we get some movement and some of us still get to see our dreams come true. You're all rockstars 

2 minutes ago, William Osler said:

Tomorrow; Big wave at 14 days from today when those with offers and on the waitlist with alternate offers pick those over mac

The email says rolling bases so like is it possible for people to find out tomorrow? 

1 minute ago, fj94 said:

I actually wonder how many people will reject mac now just due to the optics. I am waitlisted at mac but have another offer that I am debating. 

I predict Mac will need to make more offers to fill up its spot

However, then number of applicants that take themselves off the waitlist by accepting another offer is not tracked but I imagine it would be high too

2 minutes ago, William Osler said:

Seems like waitlist order isnt randomized but by pre-interview ranking

"In the event that applicants who were offered admission do not accept, we will make offers on a rolling basis, in rank order, to those on Wait List"

I took it as they randomized the rank order at the beginning and then it stays as the waitlist moves

also:

8:17 for me

do time stamps mean anything?

Just now, MDLD said:

Do we know if people got stright out rejected. Just want to know if I'm on a WL with like 350 other people ... so i can stop hoping

Even if 350 people are on the waitlist, if it moves by ~100 then you have almost a 1/3 chance! And that waitlist movement seems plausible

1 minute ago, SoftTings said:

Even if 350 people are on the waitlist, if it moves by ~100 then you have almost a 1/3 chance! And that waitlist movement seems plausible

The waitlist moves by more than 100. Mac offered 114 waitlist applicants in 2017-18. However, the waitlist also moves when those with Ontario offers and Mac waitlist accepts the Ontario offer and takes themselves off Mac waitlist

4 minutes ago, William Osler said:

Dude they said they were running a lottery with 3 outcomes - accept waitlist and REJECT

So yes, people got rejected

1 minute ago, MDLD said:

Duddde, just asking a question... 

I was thinking the same thing so don't worry :).  WL is stressful, but try and stay positive! Good Luck Friend