Premed 101 Forums
nrcplstake

McMaster Waitlist Party 2020

I think if people haven’t decided yet they’ll still be taking the weekend to think things over - I wouldnt be concerned if movement doesn’t happen on Monday or Tuesday even. Wednesday might be a big wave. 

8 hours ago, guacamole17 said:

Do you think people have been accepted from the waitlist the past few days and nobody has posted? 

Looking at the previous forums, it seems like there is usually only 1 day in the 2 week period (most often the 8th or 9th day after D-Day) that Mac sends waitlist offers. For us that would've been Wednesday the 20th (8 days after D-Day). After that, it seems the first round of offers are sent out on either the 14th or 15th day, so for us probably on the 26th or 27th. Following the big round of WL offers at the 2 week mark, there doesn't seem to be an discernible pattern so it's likely that they are sent out as spots become available.

I think it's fair to say that if you don't hear back by the 28th, your chances drop substantially, although its not impossible to still get in as offers are usually made till mid June.  

On 5/22/2020 at 7:37 PM, MDWoman said:

Looking at the previous forums, it seems like there is usually only 1 day in the 2 week period (most often the 8th or 9th day after D-Day) that Mac sends waitlist offers. For us that would've been Wednesday the 20th (8 days after D-Day). After that, it seems the first round of offers are sent out on either the 14th or 15th day, so for us probably on the 26th or 27th. Following the big round of WL offers at the 2 week mark, there doesn't seem to be an discernible pattern so it's likely that they are sent out as spots become available.

I think it's fair to say that if you don't hear back by the 28th, your chances drop substantially, although its not impossible to still get in as offers are usually made till mid June.  

I agree. If you dont receive sth by the 28th, the chances are pretty low.

14 minutes ago, MDLD said:

I think a wave went out today. Saw someone I know post on their social media. 

My hopes for mac are kind of 0 at this point

Did they specifically say that they got off the waitlist today? :o

7 minutes ago, nrcplstake said:

Did they specifically say that they got off the waitlist today? :o

4 minutes ago, premed1995 said:

I would be shocked if it went out today and no one else on this forum posted right?! :( 

I have two friends that received an offer off the WL today around 5pm so I think there was a wave today

3 minutes ago, MDWoman said:

I have two friends that received an offer off the WL today around 5pm so I think there was a wave today

Aaa I see oh gosh that sure does tug at my heart strings

I'm actually not even so sure the wave tomorrow will be much larger than the one today and last Wednesday. Most people have already made up their minds by now on OMSAS - the only ones holding out until tomorrow are those on waitlists of schools they would rather go to than Mac (and I dont think any other schools do waitlist offers tomorrow except for Queens anyways so they will likely end up taking their Mac offer)