Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Waitlist Party 2020

Just now, jonasbrothers said:

i feel like if they are sending out ~100 offers it hasnt seemed like near that many have gone out yet

Really think they over-offered so the waitlist movement would be <100 by how many they over-offer (+ those that take were a high on the waitlist that took themselves off)

Of course Ive nothing to base it on, just a gut feeling

1 minute ago, seewhathappens said:

Even if people know right away, a lot of people just sit on it, and enjoy their acceptance (I know I would).  We've seen plenty of posts recently about people just rejecting Mac now.  It's not unthinkable that Mac hasn't processed it all.

Heres to hoping we're at the top of the waitlist; Wish Mac would just tell us our position :(

This is like a slower more painful and dragged out May 12th

Just now, William Osler said:

Heres to hoping we're at the top of the waitlist; Wish Mac would just tell us our position :(

This is like a slower more painful and dragged out May 12th

If you look at past threads, it doesn't look like a massive wave.  It just comes out slowly through late May-June.  Just hold the faith!

1 minute ago, waterbottl said:

Everyone needs to relax. There is always a large waitlist movement after the OMSAS deadline, and it will be no different this year. If anything, there might be a bigger waitlist movement. I know it's stressful, but take a deep breath - I was on the waitlist too at one point. 

do you think this will be different seeing there has been 2 days the waitlist has had movement compared to normally just one. From my understanding there is usually just waves after 1 week then 2 weeks. 

Just now, MDLD said:

do you think this will be different seeing there has been 2 days the waitlist has had movement compared to normally just one. From my understanding there is usually just waves after 1 week then 2 weeks. 

I think everyone is just a bit worried right now :) I don't think things will be any different. Remember, in the situation we have this year, there are probably more people circulating premed and other online forums, so we're probably only hearing more because more people have taken to these forums. The 2 days we saw were not waves, they were just small trickles of offers probably. I'm not saying that it's going to happen for certain, but there is a big chance that a large wave (and maybe an even bigger one) will happen the day after the OMSAS deadline. 

4 minutes ago, MDLD said:

Look at the old threads (they're posted earlier).  It's not over until its over.  I wouldn't read too much into how they decided to divy up their workload this year.  I suspect that there will be more movement than usual because of COVID.  But we won't know until later in June.  Just hold strong!

Just now, waterbottl said:

I think everyone is just a bit worried right now :) I don't think things will be any different. Remember, in the situation we have this year, there are probably more people circulating premed and other online forums, so we're probably only hearing more because more people have taken to these forums. The 2 days we saw were not waves, they were just small trickles of offers probably. I'm not saying that it's going to happen for certain, but there is a big chance that a large wave (and maybe an even bigger one) will happen the day after the OMSAS deadline. 

For all our sake I hope youre right man

5 minutes ago, waterbottl said:

4 minutes ago, seewhathappens said:

Look at the old threads (they're posted earlier).  It's not over until its over.  I wouldn't read too much into how they decided to divy up their workload this year.  I suspect that there will be more movement than usual because of COVID.  But we won't know until later in June.  Just hold strong!

Yeah I know i have been stressed so probably looking at everything negatively. 

Thank you for trying to keep our hopes and spirts up. 

31 minutes ago, GamingMD said:

does anyone know what time of the day the wave will come? If it's today or tmmrw or if there's a wave at all.

My friend got his yesterday at 4:50pm, so could be later today

How long does it usually take for Wendy to send official offer after initial "you're off the waitlist", asking for a friend