Premed 101 Forums

2020 Waitlist Thread

5 hours ago, tomcat365 said:

tomtomnavigati0n here, my account got locked for some reason, I was actually given an offer last week but didn’t post because I couldn’t!! I will most likely not accept it though. I’m on the Mac waitlist and want to take my chances there.

Omg congrats you deserve it! That’s amazing news :)  keep us updated!! 

7 hours ago, tomcat365 said:

tomtomnavigati0n here, my account got locked for some reason, I was actually given an offer last week but didn’t post because I couldn’t!! I will most likely not accept it though. I’m on the Mac waitlist and want to take my chances there.

Congrats!!! Do remember though that Mac's waitlist is randomized as well so if you don't hear back by the 25th, do join us here at Ottawa!!!

7 hours ago, tomcat365 said:

Thanks for posting your update! Since multiple people were offered from WL at least we can think all their original EN stream offers have resolved and they're actually onto the WL already. I really hope you hear good news from Mac and you get the luxury of choosing between schools. Keep us posted! When do you have to reply to Ottawa by?

12 hours ago, superduper15 said:

congrats to those who have gotten offers! 

wanted to add my stats as well to the french waitlist:

Good WL. 7:25:33, 3.89gpa

ooohhhh... Exact same GPA and exact same time as CSC and MedSchoolHope101 ! :o Three candidates with the same timestamp.

Even weirder, there is also me (DrHopes) and ccforMD with the same timestamp but a different GPA (3,96 and 3,84)...

Capture d’écran, le 2020-05-20 à 10.40.19.png

28 minutes ago, DrHopes said:

ooohhhh... Exact same GPA and exact same time as CSC and MedSchoolHope101 ! :o Three candidates with the same timestamp.

Even weirder, there is also me (DrHopes) and ccforMD with the same timestamp but a different GPA (3,96 and 3,84)...

Capture d’écran, le 2020-05-20 à 10.40.19.png

I have a feeling that you'll either get an offer today or tomorrow DrHopes

1 hour ago, WuhanClan said:

Thanks for posting your update! Since multiple people were offered from WL at least we can think all their original EN stream offers have resolved and they're actually onto the WL already. I really hope you hear good news from Mac and you get the luxury of choosing between schools. Keep us posted! When do you have to reply to Ottawa by?

Midnight on the 26th :(((

On 5/15/2020 at 4:26 PM, newmy88 said:

913691962_ScreenShot2020-05-15at4_19_57PM.thumb.jpg.acf5207196cf6c5de2c2e862ef6bac3a.jpgHi everyone!

Here is the updated spreadsheet! Also thanks to @klj.klnmk,mn for your version too, I think it's nice to have it sorted into bins! I got neurotic and updated this with stats from last year... although I didn't go looking too deep so I apologize for the lack of info! But it looks like we have way more data this year already!

I'll update the spreadsheet as we get more information/if there are significant changes. If you're a lurker please feel free to update your info to give us all a better idea of how this waitlist is working :) also if I messed anything up, please let me know I'll fix it. Also congrats to @DrOtter!!! I hope we all get to experience what you did today!!

also not that it is really important but i wrote the wrong time stamp and cGPA here hahah im 7:41:42 (i have outlook and i didn't realize i had to forward to gmail) and my cGPA is 4.00 (didn't realize that only last 3 years counted) i am an idiot sorry ahhaah 

AND for anyone looking at timestamps on outlook... my outlook one said 11:42:13 even when i went into the 3 dots thing but when i forwarded to gmail i found this: creation-date="Tue, 12 May 2020 11:41:42 GMT"; modification-date="Tue, 12 May 2020 11:41:42 GMT";     !!! SO remember to forward to gmail!!!!!! 

So there seems to be 117 people in the FB group now. I don't think they are letting upper years join the group at the moment. 

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there are 19 admins as the emails of those individuals are just included in the group as contacts. I think there are the 7 who created the group. If that's true, then this year's waitlist movement (just 54) seems to be a lot less compared to other years. 

Any other insights? I am hoping that I am wrong.

5 minutes ago, WhiteChocolate&Caramel said:

So there seems to be 117 people in the FB group now. I don't think they are letting upper years join the group at the moment. 

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there are 19 admins as the emails of those individuals are just included in the group as contacts. I think there are the 7 who created the group. If that's true, then this year's waitlist movement (just 54) seems to be a lot less compared to other years. 

Is it possible that people in the group chat still may be making up thier mind or can you only join if you accept the offer?

12 minutes ago, WhiteChocolate&Caramel said:

They might not be admins but just members in the group?

I’m not sure as I’m not in the group but this could be a possibility (and have our hopes up a little bit more)

12 hours ago, tomcat365 said:

Congrats! Ballzy move though lol, I hope you get it!