Premed 101 Forums

2020 Waitlist Thread

3 minutes ago, DrHopes said:

yes ! the GPA seems to follow, except for appledanish... maybe he is at the end of a bin ? 

aaaaah I have an hypothesis... I'll write in in french since I am more fluent and it's about french WL !

Ils ont placé les étudiants en ordre séquentiel entrevue+GPA, et ont pris les 40 premiers puis ceux qui suivent dans la liste sont dans la liste d'attente. Il est possible que appledanish était le 41ième. Il commencerait donc la liste d'attente... Ça expliquerait pourquoi son GPA suit pas la trend... Il serait à la fin de sa «bin» (les autres ayant déjà été acceptés :huh:)...

Bref, ça expliquerait ce glitch dans l'ordre des GPA sur la liste excel. Faudrait quand même plus de données pour les francophones...  :o 

Hi everyone!

Here is the updated spreadsheet! Also thanks to @klj.klnmk,mn for your version too, I think it's nice to have it sorted into bins! I got neurotic and updated this with stats from last year... although I didn't go looking too deep so I apologize for the lack of info! But it looks like we have way more data this year already!

I'll update the spreadsheet as we get more information/if there are significant changes. If you're a lurker please feel free to update your info to give us all a better idea of how this waitlist is working :) also if I messed anything up, please let me know I'll fix it. Also congrats to @DrOtter!!! I hope we all get to experience what you did today!!

10 hours ago, DrHopes said:

aaaaah I have an hypothesis... I'll write in in french since I am more fluent and it's about french WL !

Ils ont placé les étudiants en ordre séquentiel entrevue+GPA, et ont pris les 40 premiers puis ceux qui suivent dans la liste sont dans la liste d'attente. Il est possible que appledanish était le 41ième. Il commencerait donc la liste d'attente... Ça expliquerait pourquoi son GPA suit pas la trend... Il serait à la fin de sa «bin» (les autres ayant déjà été acceptés :huh:)...

Bref, ça expliquerait ce glitch dans l'ordre des GPA sur la liste excel. Faudrait quand même plus de données pour les francophones...  :o 

I’ll update you guys if I hear anything!! Ça ferait vraiment du sens comme théorie par exemple! (Je suis encore tellement surprise qu’ils m’ont donner une entrevue avec un GPA tellement proche du cutoff haha) Et sur le côté anglophone, la théorie des temps semble faire du sens!!

Good luck everyone!! Thanks @DrHopes for the excel!!

20 hours ago, DrOtter said:

HOLY SH*TTTTTTTTT guys. Chantal just sent me an offer e-mail. The first wave is HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!
I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS I'M HYPERVENTILATING!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I will be accepting. This is literally my dream.

I'm keeping you all in my good thoughts guys!!

Congrats DrOtter, very well deserved! So glad to hear!! How did the email look like?? I want to see what glory looks like haha

8 minutes ago, MDLD said:

do we think an email is sent out every second? Trying to figure out if i should give up hope for ottawa. 

No, as I noted earlier, it doesn't make logical sense. I wouldn't read too much into time differences (except that they seem to be a marker of your GPA relative to people before/after you in your bin). 

On 5/14/2020 at 12:44 PM, MedicineLCS said:

If they sent a waitlist email every second they'd be up to 240 people by 7:40, so the gaps may not mean much for guessing how many people are not shown on the spreadsheet. 

55 minutes ago, newmy88 said:

Do we think the next wave will go out on Monday?

Monday is a Stat, I doubt it. 

There's probably something to that theory, but the issue is that in between the first (Seconds given) timestamp and last good waitlist one (that I saw quickly eyeballing it) is 589 seconds. If they sent one waitlist email a second they would have good waitlisted more people than they interviewed. 

Add in the way the GPA scale restarts at around 7:41:30, 7:45, and 7:46 + an offer to the top already, and it looks like the same pattern as past years, but with significantly more data in the thread making it easier to visualize and a broader time range. 

On 5/15/2020 at 9:12 AM, klj.klnmk,mn said:

Did anyone here apply to SAI? When I emailed them about how selection/waitlist works for those who applied to SAI, they said that we are basically placed into 2 waitlists. When the SAI fills up, then we move onto the other general waitlist. Just wondering what happens when someone from SAI declines their offer.

I applied to SAI

On 5/15/2020 at 1:17 PM, DrOtter said:

HOLY SH*TTTTTTTTT guys. Chantal just sent me an offer e-mail. The first wave is HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!
I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS I'M HYPERVENTILATING!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I will be accepting. This is literally my dream.

I'm keeping you all in my good thoughts guys!!

CONGRATS!!! Beyond stoked for you!! <3