Premed 101 Forums

2020 Waitlist Thread

4 minutes ago, mp44518 said:

Im at a 3.88 though. And dumpling could be right after me potentially indicating the start of a new bin?? Could be overthinking it though 

If that’s the case, it would be a perfect order! And sometimes, it could just be our calculations for wGPA that could be slightly wrong... I really don’t see a logic that they would use a different “technique/method” to send waitlist emails for both streams. If the time stamp theory works for the English stream, it must be the same for the French.

1 hour ago, mp44518 said:

Im at a 3.88 though. And dumpling could be right after me potentially indicating the start of a new bin?? Could be overthinking it though 

sorry about that mp44518... I lost the Excel file and did it again, I was distracted. 

I've seen some posts commenting on the number of people in the facebook group, so I felt a need to mention that I know of two people in the group right now who have already accepted offers at other schools. Thus, the number of people in the facebook group is not a good indicator of class size. It is a much better indicator of waitlist movement (even though it seems that 1/4 people who get added to the group are upper-years at this point). 

rooting for y'all! here are my stats for french waitlist:

created time: 11:25:35, received at 7:25:37 (or is it 7:25:38... there are two time stamps)

gpa: 3.97

anxiously checking my email every few hours :P keep hope guys! I've a feeling french waitlist will move soon

57 minutes ago, WuhanClan said:

Thanks for letting us know! Someone else commented a few days ago that upper years were not joining until June/July. Does it seem like thats not the case?

Upper year students are not allowed in the Facebook group other than the 19 members of the Aesculapian Society so it is not true that 1/4 of the Facebook group is upper years. The upper years will be invited to join the group at the end of July or beginning of August unless the class gets full sooner. And like TheRealPushaMan mentioned, anyone who gets an offer can join but it doesn't mean that they have accepted the offer, people join to get more info in order to make a decision. So the Facebook group is not an absolute indicator of the class size but it's useful to get a general idea and see if there's 20 spots left vs 2 spots. :)

15 minutes ago, Bleuet said:

Upper year students are not allowed in the Facebook group other than the 19 members of the Aesculapian Society so it is not true that 1/4 of the Facebook group is upper years.

To clarify, I'm getting my info from my mate who said he recognized people getting added to the group today who were MS2s and MS3s and not in the AS. 

Also, I meant that newly added members were arriving in what seemed to be a 1:3 ratio of upper years to matriculants. The vast majority of the group is matriculants, of course. The group has been growing at a very slow rate so there are only a small number of upper years in it thus far. 

12 minutes ago, TheRealPushaMan said:

To clarify, I'm getting my info from my mate who said he recognized people getting added to the group today who were MS2s and MS3s and not in the AS. 

Also, I meant that newly added members were arriving in what seemed to be a 1:3 ratio of upper years to matriculants. The vast majority of the group is matriculants, of course. The group has been growing at a very slow rate so there are only a small number of upper years in it thus far. 

Hey, I'm sorry I think I probably wasn't very clear in my explanation :(! So it is normal to see MS2 and MS3 in the Facebook group as the Aesculapian Society (Asoc) is made mostly of upper years (up to MS4). Also, Asoc has more than 19 members total but they are not all in the Facebook group. As of now, around 16 Asoc members ( the new VPs and class presidents) are present plus a few other MS2/3 that are not directly with Asoc, but they are an exception. So I rounded it to 19 to simplify the count.

No other MS students is joining the group right now as Asoc wants to see who is part of the new class first. So I'm not too sure where you get the 1:3 ratio.

I know this information because I am in the Facebook group and an Asoc VP.

Nevertheless, I only tried to help people get a better idea of the Facebook group numbers because I have been in their shoes in the past and I would have liked to have that info just to know what kind of waitlist movement to expect! It is very stressful for everyone and I am really sorry for not making it more clear in the beginning and avoid stress.

I hope this makes it all more clear!

Cheers :)

27 minutes ago, Bleuet said:

Hey, I'm sorry I think I probably wasn't very clear in my explanation :(! So it is normal to see MS2 and MS3 in the Facebook group as the Aesculapian Society (Asoc) is made mostly of upper years (up to MS4). Also, Asoc has more than 19 members total but they are not all in the Facebook group. As of now, around 16 Asoc members ( the new VPs and class presidents) are present plus a few other MS2/3 that are not directly with Asoc, but they are an exception. So I rounded it to 19 to simplify the count.

No other MS students is joining the group right now as Asoc wants to see who is part of the new class first. So I'm not too sure where you get the 1:3 ratio.

I know this information because I am in the Facebook group and an Asoc VP.

Nevertheless, I only tried to help people get a better idea of the Facebook group numbers because I have been in their shoes in the past and I would have liked to have that info just to know what kind of waitlist movement to expect! It is very stressful for everyone and I am really sorry for not making it more clear in the beginning and avoid stress.

I hope this makes it all more clear!

Cheers :)

Don’t count on what my mate said. Trust this guy fr^^^^^^
Thank you for the clarification!!!

3 minutes ago, mp44518 said:

How come @nsa98 and @ballercat didn't get an offer? Either they did receive an offer, miscalculated their wgpa, or potentially have the wrong timestamp. Thoughts? 

Hey im nsa98 and I’ve confirmed my timestamp and didn't receive an offer so I’m just as confused as you! I calculated my gpa as well and its forsure a 3.7.