Premed 101 Forums

2020 Waitlist Thread

I calmed down a bit before making this post but I got the email from Chantal at 2:06 as well!! Was not expecting this!!! See everyone online in the fall and best of luck to anyone still on the waiting list! If anyone has any questions feel free PM me :) 

Four cycles and I finally got in, unreal guys lol. Do not lose hope!

I just wanted to come back on here and give a big thank you to @newmy88 for created and editing the spreadsheet which has helped everyone so much! I want to thank @BingBop for creating this group! I also want to thank @MedicineLCS for always supporting and helping everyone during stressful times in the forum! Lastly, I want to thank everyone who has been positively rooting for each other, because without the support you all provided it wouldn't have been been possible. Another thank you to @grepefruit12 for stressing alongside me LOL!

Congrats to @WuhanClan, @MedicineLCS and @grepefruit12! Looking forward to next year!

The waitlist seems to be moving so I am exciting to hear some good news in following days from you guys! 

These past weeks have been stressful but this forum has been the most entertaining thing ever... you guys are amazing! 

WOOOT CONGRATS EVERYONE! VERY DESERVING AND SUPPORTIVE PEOPLE!!! Congrats on your future careers and always remember your worth--things may get tough from time to time but always remember why and how you got here--many great things to come from you guys and everyone on the waitlists to come :D Hopefully there's some more movement left haha

For those who are still waiting, there is definitely still hope! According to the email, it seems that each school in Ontario receives a report from OUAC which lets them know which students haven't accepted an offer yet. That could explain why there wasn't any movement last Thursday/Friday and suggest that offers will may be sent earlier in the week on Mondays.

16 minutes ago, grepefruit12 said:

For those who are still waiting, there is definitely still hope! According to the email, it seems that each school in Ontario receives a report from OUAC which lets them know which students haven't accepted an offer yet. That could explain why there wasn't any movement last Thursday/Friday and suggest that offers will may be sent earlier in the week on Mondays.

Thanks for sharing this info--definitely helps us! :D Just to clarify do you think it'll now be a wave once a week until the "class full" email? Or rather that we could have waitlist movements that are restricted to the start of the week (i.e. Monday-Wednesday and just not Thursday-Fridays) 

2 hours ago, Ontario have mercy said:

Congrats!! What’s your backup?

A non-healthcare professional program (Which I already put down deposits for...). I wonder if I can T2202A that deposit?

1 minute ago, Dr. Shqipe said:

Thanks for sharing the email--definitely helps give us more information! :D Just to clarify do you think it'll now be a wave once a week until the "class full" email? Or rather we could have waitlist movements restricted to the start of the week (i.e. Monday-Wednesday and just not Thursday-Fridays) 

I don't think there's any real pattern now to waitlists offers. Offers have been sent on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, etc... I wouldn't hold onto any hope of a specific day (although you're very close, so maybe by the end of the week?) The acceptance letter has 9 pages of requirements and forms, many needing to be emailed, so there is definitely a logistical lag to sending waitlist offers if you need to also manage questions/accepted paperwork. 

7 minutes ago, MedicineLCS said:

I don't think there's any real pattern now to waitlists offers. Offers have been sent on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, etc... I wouldn't hold onto any hope of a specific day (although you're very close, so maybe by the end of the week?) The acceptance letter has 9 pages of requirements and forms, many needing to be emailed, so there is definitely a logistical lag to sending waitlist offers if you need to also manage questions/accepted paperwork. 

Yeah that definitely makes sense--thanks for explaining. Chantal and the team are definitely dealing with a lot rn so the randomness is expected. I'll definitely keep busy with other stuff to help push the time.

OH MY GOD CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!! THIS IS THE KINDA MOVEMENT I'M TALKING BOUT Y'ALL. 

So happy to see more people get in. Praying that there's more to come though! Even if it trickles... let it trickle! Hope is not lost until that class is full e-mail goes out. 

An optimistic thought to everyone waiting - maybe so many people declined their original offer that they felt comfortable enough moving the waitlist early because there were so many spots. We'll see!

I've updated the spreadsheet for everyone :)