Premed 101 Forums

2020 Waitlist Thread

12 minutes ago, WhiteChocolate&Caramel said:

Hey Guys,

So what do we think about the the fact that Chantal sent just one waitlist offer this Monday. Does that mean that the waitlist movement for this year is close to over? 

I guess "very little" for Chantal really meant 1-2 people left and not 5-6.

Likely close to over. The person from Monday could also be a troll.

52 minutes ago, WhiteChocolate&Caramel said:

Hey Guys,

So what do we think about the the fact that Chantal sent just one waitlist offer this Monday. Does that mean that the waitlist movement for this year is close to over? 

I guess "very little" for Chantal really meant 1-2 people left and not 5-6.

I'm not sure. Last year's class is full email was sent June 24th but in 2018 it was on ~July 19th and in 2017 it was on ~July 18th 

Not sure how the coronavirus situation will play into these dates this year.

I agree with @TylenolExtraStrength that the person on monday may have been a troll. But there's no real way to fact-check people on this website. If we take their offer at face value, it kind of only makes sense that the admissions officers would go back to fill in those gaps of the people jumped over like we have seen for similar offers this year. But who knows, maybe this pattern falls apart further down the list.

Also, historically 4.0s and 3.99s (of probably bin 2) get offers late-late in the game (like in July). A bit weird considering bin 1 is clearly not cleared ( @Dr. Shqipe and potentially me??)

Hey ik it's scary but let's cheer up a bit :) I don't think it's over as I feel there is still a proper small wave to go (I could be wrong but just my gut feeling). She may possibly be waiting close to Thursday or Friday to send this wave off (to make the deadline to accept/reject a week after that). That way, she'll have the weekend or so to organize the "class full" email at the start of the week after (end of June). 

This wait is definitely killer as it would be great to get some closure after almost a month so we can know how to set up the last of our summer/if we need to reapply. I pray we hear back shortly so we know for sure

Chantal is out of office today and will be back on Monday! I sent her the following email and will be sure to get back to y’all:

Bonjour Chantal,

J’espère que vous vous portez et que vous êtes en bonne santé pendant cette période étrange.

D’après la tendance des candidats qui rejettent leurs offres, quand est-ce que vous prévoyez envoyer le courriel indiquant que la classe est remplie? La semaine prochaine? Ou peut-être celle d’après ou dans trois semaines?

J’espère que ce message n’est pas un inconvénient pour vous et si c’est le cas, ignorer le tout simplement. Une réponse m’aidera juste à planifier mes prochaines étapes dans ce temps d’incertitude. J’espère que vous comprenez.

15 minutes ago, TrustTheProcess21 said:

Chantal is out of office today and will be back on Monday! I sent her the following email and will be sure to get back to y’all:

Bonjour Chantal,

J’espère que vous vous portez et que vous êtes en bonne santé pendant cette période étrange.

D’après la tendance des candidats qui rejettent leurs offres, quand est-ce que vous prévoyez envoyer le courriel indiquant que la classe est remplie? La semaine prochaine? Ou peut-être celle d’après ou dans trois semaines?

J’espère que ce message n’est pas un inconvénient pour vous et si c’est le cas, ignorer le tout simplement. Une réponse m’aidera juste à planifier mes prochaines étapes dans ce temps d’incertitude. J’espère que vous comprenez.

Thank god for google translate 

5 hours ago, TrustTheProcess21 said:

Bonjour Chantal,

English translation for those interested:

Hi Chantal,

I hope that you're well and in good health during these unprecedented times.

After the trend of candidates that reject their offers, when would you foresee that you will send the "class full" email. Will it be the next week? Or could it possibly be the one after or in 3 weeks?

I hope that this messages is not an inconvenience for you, but if it is, please ignore it entirely. A response would just help me plan my future steps during this time of uncertainty. I hope you understand.

Thanks so much for sending this and letting us know she's just been out of office (well deserved after the big admission changes posted yesterday). Gives me hope that she may start working on stuff that pertains to waitlist/matriculating students on Monday hopefully :D You're an MVP @TrustTheProcess21