Premed 101 Forums

Queens Waitlist Party 2020

19 minutes ago, MDLD said:

how are we all feeling? 

Waitlist movement has happened for mac and ottawa so far. 

Right now Queen's facebook group is at 90 people. I wonder if alot of people are choosing queens this year :(

How did you see the facebook group?

11 minutes ago, kingassault said:

How many are other people from other years? For example the 2023 group has 118 members.

Also does someone know what the deadline was to accept?

There is likely only a handful of 2023s in the 2024 group. However, there are people who join the group who have multiple acceptances. The waitlist should move any day now!

23 hours ago, helicase said:

There is likely only a handful of 2023s in the 2024 group. However, there are people who join the group who have multiple acceptances. The waitlist should move any day now!

Yes this, I remember when O week was about to start there was a major purge of people who had chosen other schools. 

On 5/22/2020 at 6:13 PM, kingassault said:

How big a role do you think defers will play? Due to COVID?

there's a max of 10 allowed by Queen's if I'm not mistaken. It's only on the basis of wanting to finish your 4th undergrad year of 2nd year of your masters, so these aren't things that would be affected by COVID i don't think

2 hours ago, Weluvmedicine said:

I got off the waitlist for Mac but am hoping to hold on a little longer in hopes of queens. If I don’t get an offer during this upcoming wave, are my chances then much lower?

it would definitely be lower. They're trying to fill up the class as soon as they can with these waves, I personally wouldn't gamble a Mac offer on it

34 minutes ago, aeoaeoaeo said:

it would definitely be lower. They're trying to fill up the class as soon as they can with these waves, I personally wouldn't gamble a Mac offer on it

Thought so. Definitely not going to gamble, was just planning to wait until the 28th (have until June 3) but was wondering if pushing it back a little more would make sense. 

8 hours ago, Weluvmedicine said:

Thought so. Definitely not going to gamble, was just planning to wait until the 28th (have until June 3) but was wondering if pushing it back a little more would make sense. 

If you look back at forums from previous years, historically the first wave of waitlist offers always comes out 2 weeks after the initial offers (so you guys should find out today), and then after that the waves come out in one week increments. So if this year works the same, if you don’t get off the waitlist today (assuming the emails come out today), the next wave will not be sent out until June 2nd. So you might want to push back accepting your offer until the end of the day June 2nd, to see if you get an email during the second wave of waitlist offers!