Premed 101 Forums

18 hours ago, AgainOmsasSmh said:

Are we sure that u of t does over offer in the first round? The only information I found about that is from last year, someone mentioned that the admission people confirmed to him over the phone that they do over accept.... 

Does that mean that U of T waitlist is realistically of very little hope/meaning because technically the first round of offers included an embedded waitlist?

That's the only information I found too about over-offering on the first round. I came across this pdf that shows that there were 301 offers given for 259 seats for 2018. Not sure if those extra 42 seats are over-offering + waitlist, or just waitlist.  

1 hour ago, Allthegoodusernamesaregone said:

That's the only information I found too about over-offering on the first round. I came across this pdf that shows that there were 301 offers given for 259 seats for 2018. Not sure if those extra 42 seats are over-offering + waitlist, or just waitlist.  

Yeah I also wonder the same thing, especially that it seems some ppl get off the wait list every year

4 hours ago, AgainOmsasSmh said:

So for Ottawa it seems that waitlust emails timestaps do correlate with the ranking because the earliest time stamp there is the one who got an offer from the waitlist so far (the have a quite resourceful thread their in the Ottawa forum), do you guys think it’s the same for Toronto?

When was your waitlist timestamp? Mine was received at 10:31am est

Just now, newguy23 said:

Maybe there's just not many on the waitlist and we're all gonna get in :P:rolleyes:

That’s for sure, U of T wait list is significantly smaller than most other school, because usually they offer quite less positions to waitlisters than other schools... because less people reject their Toronto offers than other schools

2 hours ago, OP_BC said:

Does anyone know that if you are OP that you will only be accepted if someone from OP declines? Or are IP and OP waitlisted together?

The schools I know of have IP and OOP on the same waitlist, with there being a max cap on OOP acceptances that can trickle down to more consequent IP acceptances

35 minutes ago, 1234561234 said:

I heard from a friend someone they know got off WL already but not confirmed

That’s very unlikely

Today was still the last day to accept offers before the deadline and U of T never does rolling waitlist offers, they send first wave of WL offers and rejections all at once

U of T usually sends a first wave of waitlist offers as one patch, which is ideally the only offers available, then they wait for a week till the new deadline for those high waitlister to accept or reject,

After a week, they fill the new spots that became available due to high waitlisters rejecting, then leave a couple more people for emergency in case someone can't defend their thesis before deadline, or just cancels last minute, and send rejections to everyone else,

So, I would say rejections will probably be sent sometime next week.