Premed 101 Forums

1 hour ago, AgentMichaelScarn said:

I honestly can't take this waiting anymore. I'm hoping the time stamps can give me a little bit of closure and manage my hopes.

@AgainOmsasSmh @Fingerxcrossed @mcgillmdbd would you mind sharing your timestamps down to the seconds?

I think it's not useful unless we look at the seconds. 

My email creation was at 10:30:24am

I got the offer email at 2:29pm. Sorry I don't see seconds on gmail! Possibly because I'm on my phone?

Also I am from Ontario so not OOP

17 minutes ago, Fingerxcrossed said:

I got the offer email at 2:29pm. Sorry I don't see seconds on gmail! Possibly because I'm on my phone?

Congratulations :)
Sorry I mean the original waitlist email on May 12th. On Gmail if you click the 3 dots in the corner and hit "show original" and control F "creation" or just dig around in there it will list the seconds. Has to be on the desktop version though! 

1 hour ago, AgentMichaelScarn said:

Sorry I mean the original waitlist email on May 12th. On Gmail if you click the 3 dots in the corner and hit "show original" and control F "creation" or just dig around in there it will list the seconds. Has to be on the desktop version though! 

Idk but my time was 10:29:5X and I didnt get offer

My waitlist email time stamp was 10:29:29,

I don’t think the timestamp theory is true for Toronto, because almost everyone I know did exactly fall in the alphabetical order sense, sounds very unlikely to be a coincidence, also the number of ppl on u of t wait list is pretty small compared to other schools, so I don’t think those stamps correlate to rank,

I’m IP

Re the second wave of offers: They send a first wave of waitlist offers, and then if ppl from this wave reject, they send new offers to fill them...

logically and based on posts here and posts from previous years, some ppl will reject their waitlist offers for sure because they have already accepted other offers, therefore I think it’s very likely there will be a couple/few more offers, after that they will will keep a couple of ppl in the waitlist for so long just in case there are last minute cancels (I know ppl who got off Toronto waitlist by end of June or beginning of July),

I hope this helps you guys, I know this is really hard and stressful because I was going through the same thing till just today, so hang in there, and know that even if it doesn’t work this year it’s still a great achievement that you made it to Toronto waitlist, U of T waitlist is really short, which means that you were super close to an acceptance, may be one or two bad interview answers away from that elusive acceptance! So I would say even if it doesn't luck out this year, you will have a great chance next cycle

21 hours ago, AgentMichaelScarn said:

Sorry about that! It was sent at 10:29:52am. Hope that helps 

Hey guys (u of t med student here), we got an email saying that 95% of the class was filled after the first round of offers and that the first wave of wait lists was sent May 27th. They hope to fill the class by the first week of June. Hope this helps some people w future planning etc 

1 hour ago, Ont2023 said:

Hey guys (u of t med student here), we got an email saying that 95% of the class was filled after the first round of offers and that the first wave of wait lists was sent May 27th. They hope to fill the class by the first week of June. Hope this helps some people w future planning etc 

So the waitlist offers were about 12-13...

1 hour ago, Ont2023 said:

When did you get this email?