Premed 101 Forums

2020 waitlist support thread

Does anyone know how much more waitlist movement we should expect after this? 

A bunch of ppl in my personal life were accepted yesterday, and one also told me that over 25 ppl joined the fb group between last night + this morning (after taking out probable current students). This makes me feel like movement will be minimal at this point? I'm really not familiar with how this works though. 

11 minutes ago, Amilucky said:

Does anyone know how much more waitlist movement we should expect after this? 

A bunch of ppl in my personal life were accepted yesterday, and one also told me that over 25 ppl joined the fb group between last night + this morning (after taking out probable current students). This makes me feel like movement will be minimal at this point? I'm really not familiar with how this works though. 

As of Dr. P's post if 75% of class is full (assuming the class is 155 seats) before waitlisters, that leaves about 39 seats. If the facebook thing is accurate looking at 14 or so seats left. But the facebook group has over 400 members, so interpret that as you will. Keep faith, but don't drive yourself crazy. Good luck!

2 minutes ago, powdermonkey13 said:

As of Dr. P's post if 75% of class is full (assuming the class is 155 seats) before waitlisters, that leaves about 39 seats. If the facebook thing is accurate looking at 14 or so seats left. But the facebook group has over 400 members, so interpret that as you will. Keep faith, but don't drive yourself crazy. Good luck!

Makes sense! Yeah every-time they released a decision, it takes me a day or two to get my bearings back. I've been trying to convince myself to just focus on work (this has been the most unproductive week of work haha) but easier said than done :D

11 minutes ago, powdermonkey13 said:

I think he might mean that 75% of the seats being offered this cycle are filled, I doubt he included all the people who had deferred from previous years or the seats from the LIM program (which are both guaranteed). This year there were 128-130 new seats available, so it should be ~33 seats still available as of yesterday when the first round of waitlist offers were sent. Also the facebook group has many upper year students (including people who have already graduated or are in residency), so I don't think you can reasonable interpret anything from it's membership count.

3 minutes ago, Amilucky said:

Makes sense! Yeah every-time they released a decision, it takes me a day or two to get my bearings back. I've been trying to convince myself to just focus on work (this has been the most unproductive week of work haha) but easier said than done :D

Way easier than said for sure. Focusing on the things that you can control is a great skill to have, but often wavers. Keep faith.

2 hours ago, powdermonkey13 said:

I sent mine last Wednesday overnight registered mail, still hasn't been processed.

Same here! I emailed admin today and they said they only pick up mail a couple times a week so that's probably why UCAN hasn't been updated. My guess is it will be sometime tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, Amilucky said:

I wonder if the next round of offers have gone out already? Or maybe they have been rolling throughout the week? I thought there would be some sign of further movement by now (either on the blog or here) but things have been eerily quiet :(

Still waiting for my status to change in UCAN indicating that my deposit has been processed and no new communication from anyone about anything from UofC. I think the affects of the pandemic has slowed everything unfortunately. Keep faith.

Edit: Now processed

A friend of mine got an offer yesterday. I think from now on the offers will probably go out one at a time since they have so few seats left. 

I’ve been wondering the same about how much more we should hope. I think they usually send an email to those too low on the list, but the blog post says they aren’t sending that email this year. :( The office must be too busy this year with the extraordinary circumstances. 

9 hours ago, Amilucky said:

A friend of mine got an offer yesterday. I think from now on the offers will probably go out one at a time since they have so few seats left. 

I’ve been wondering the same about how much more we should hope. I think they usually send an email to those too low on the list, but the blog post says they aren’t sending that email this year. :( The office must be too busy this year with the extraordinary circumstances. 

did your friend accept their offer