Premed 101 Forums

2020 Waitlist Thread

28 minutes ago, SunnyMD said:

Hey!

I'm new and made an account just for this haha.

I was IP waitlisted. I recieved my acceptance offer on May 28th and had until June 1st to accept it (which I did being an Edmontonian). My waitlisted letter was 99-and a low number (below 50 low!!!), so don't lose hope if your stats don't coincide with any theories! My acceptance document was also created on May 28th. I know how stressful it is being on the waitlist, but don't lose hope. More offers are coming! I hope to see you all in the fall :)  

PS: Also, WHEN you all get accepted, make sure you have a passport photo (or professional photo) handy because they ask for it (to be your medical student ID photo etc.) as a step in accepting the offer. Just an FYI! 

On behalf of your fellow waitlisters, we appreciate the info and I think I speak for all of us when I say congrats on the acceptance! We are hoping to hear some good news soon but we aren't sure what to make of the low # of WL acceptances posted in the thread in terms of what our chances are . Thank you for the positive words of encouragement!

I definitely agree. Looking at past years, more people seem to post their acceptance on the forum so it is strange. For your sake, I hope they’re sending out fewer offers over an expanded period of time (I don’t know why they would do that though!). Last cycle my friend literally found out on July 22nd that she was accepted so don’t lose hope!

Same here. OOP student and they mention that haven't even accessed my credits yet. I was told "It maybe a while before they review your file"

Does transfer credit check take that long? Also did they request "Proof of citizenship" after you guys were told that you are waitlisted? I uploaded the proof and kaboom!!! It was uploaded and next day it was not listed under "received documents" on launchpad. Privacy thing maybe.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I had a chance to speak to someone from the office, and they told me that so far there's been 6 rounds of offers sent out :/ She said that could be a couple more spots opening up next week, but that the class is pretty much full. Guess it's time to plan for next year's application cycle for me...

3 minutes ago, Ohvalleyofplenty said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I had a chance to speak to someone from the office, and they told me that so far there's been 6 rounds of offers sent out :/ She said that could be a couple more spots opening up next week, but that the class is pretty much full. Guess it's time to plan for next year's application cycle for me...

Was this today? Lol it is what it is then. I already was feeling like chances were bleak. Maybe one of us still gets in though ... 

14 hours ago, albertaapplicant1 said:

Nothing new to report over here... just wondering how everyone is doing. 

Side bar: does anyone think Canadian MD schools are going to extend their MCAT date because of COVID stuff? 

I think Calgary has already confirmed that they have extended their MCAT deadline to mid-September.  It's on their most recent admissions blog post.

As for the rest it remains unclear.

Stay positive everyone! We never know what's around the corner!

35 minutes ago, SoldSoulToMED said:

Did everyone get the same email that their file will remain open until September lol? 

Yes I got it too. I think they are keeping everyone's file until September. I think it's safe to say we've got to apply again for next cycle. 

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, AgentMichaelScarn said:

I'm under the impression that if somebody defers, that spot does not go to somebody else? Not 100% sure though, I know this is how it works at some other schools

Office of admissions told me my spot will be given to someone else this year :) Best of luck!