Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
dopamineislife

Responding to offer of admission

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, dopamineislife said:

On OMSAS, does your screen just show "firmly accepted" with offer expires tmrw, and that's about it? Just wanted to check if I have everything in order for tmrw. I received confirmation from Diane about receipt of my signed letter/proof of citizenship/white coat order form, and sent in my deposit. I know some people have received confirmation of their deposit going through but I didn't and as long as it shows on my bank statement, I think I'm good. 

Hello! I was just wondering if by 'confirmation' by Diane, you meant that congratulations email with a link to the facebook page? I haven't received an email that explicitly says "we have received all the required documents" or anything like that and was wondering if I should have by now?

Edit: My OMSAS just says "firmly accepted" like you have described!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, deedee908 said:

Hello! I was just wondering if by 'confirmation' by Diane, you meant that congratulations email with a link to the facebook page? I haven't received an email that explicitly says "we have received all the required documents" or anything like that and was wondering if I should have by now?

Edit: My OMSAS just says "firmly accepted" like you have described!

Yep, just the congratulations and facebook page. I am taking that as in they received everything, otherwise they would've stated so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question for anyone that could help :confused: when we pay the 1 000$ deposit, is the student number the same as OMSAS number? I just received my official offer this morning, nothing is showing up on omsas yet, but I was wondering if the OMSAS number on my offer is the one i gotta write on my bank transfer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, benelli104 said:

Quick question for anyone that could help :confused: when we pay the 1 000$ deposit, is the student number the same as OMSAS number? I just received my official offer this morning, nothing is showing up on omsas yet, but I was wondering if the OMSAS number on my offer is the one i gotta write on my bank transfer?

No it’s not the OMSAS one, it’s the student number at the top of the acceptance email

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey yall! I apologize in advance if this was already asked. For those accepted off the waitlist, how long did it take OMSAS to update your offer of admission? So far I've waited ~approx. 1.5 business days and still have nothing. Just wondering if I missed anything LOL 

Cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, premed72 said:

Hey yall! I apologize in advance if this was already asked. For those accepted off the waitlist, how long did it take OMSAS to update your offer of admission? So far I've waited ~approx. 1.5 business days and still have nothing. Just wondering if I missed anything LOL 

Cheers 

Mine took about 2 business days. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, medhopeful2020 said:

Anyone waited more than 2 business days and their offer still not showing up on OMSAS? I got off the waitlist on Thursday and there's still nothing there.

Got an offer Tuesday and still nothing. Low key freaking out but I'm sure it's okay lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, dopamineislife said:

Anyone know when the official registration will happen?

So on the Facebook group Chantal said they should be starting to review final transcripts in June (i.e. now) and registration will be done on a rolling basis in the coming weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! Sorry for the neurotic question but I just submitted my transcript request and I wanted to make sure I did it correctly- I requested it from OMSAS, clicked "immediately", and paid the fee. It says that it is sending the transcript to "OMSAS". I mostly just wanted to make sure that I didn't have to click anywhere that I wanted to send it to uOttawa, since it just says it's going to OMSAS. Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Psych said:

Hey guys! Sorry for the neurotic question but I just submitted my transcript request and I wanted to make sure I did it correctly- I requested it from OMSAS, clicked "immediately", and paid the fee. It says that it is sending the transcript to "OMSAS". I mostly just wanted to make sure that I didn't have to click anywhere that I wanted to send it to uOttawa, since it just says it's going to OMSAS. Thanks!!

Yes that is correct. :P OMSAS will forward that to the school as needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pinkneuron said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to contact Chantal through phone instead of e-mail?

Nope their phones are totally shut off :( But if you are in the facebook group you can message one of the association members it seems they are in close contact with her to answer our questions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deedee908 said:

Has anyone been officially registered yet? Or heard anything about confirmation of their transcript? Thanks!

Edit: Other than OMSAS saying "transcript received"

I haven't! I also haven't reached out to confirm anything yet. Chantal said she would be starting registration mid-June so we should be hearing back shortly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...