Premed 101 Forums

On 5/18/2020 at 9:22 AM, DrOtter said:

image.thumb.png.0c3e76ada901709a9823f4110332dde6.png

Not sure if I'm reading this right... But as new BLS provider (not renewal), are we allowed to attend the class then? :mellow: In any case, I just registered for one in June.

Congrats on the acceptance! Did you sign up for the blended course or the regular BLS provider? 

Just now, cubes868 said:

Congrats on the acceptance! Did you sign up for the blended course or the regular BLS provider? 

Oh lol never mind. I signed up for the regular because the blended is only offered in limited places. But while I could sign up on the BLS system, I talked to the instructor and they informed me that all classes are closed to public atm and they'll only make exception if you REALLY need it. 

2 minutes ago, DrOtter said:

Oh lol never mind. I signed up for the regular because the blended is only offered in limited places. But while I could sign up on the BLS system, I talked to the instructor and they informed me that all classes are closed to public atm and they'll only make exception if you REALLY need it. 

Ah makes sense! In that guess maybe don't bother signing up yet? I'm sure Chantal will update us with a new deadline! Thanks for getting back to me.

Just now, cubes868 said:

Ah makes sense! In that guess maybe don't bother signing up yet? I'm sure Chantal will update us with a new deadline! Thanks for getting back to me.

Haha np! I mean even if they don't change the deadline, you'll probs be able to go in by July 30 for example and say you really need the certification or med school will reject you. I think that warrants an "urgent" case. 

On 5/19/2020 at 3:11 PM, dopamineislife said:

Has anyone tried signing up for a class in Toronto or the GTA? 

Hey I tried doing that at Sunnybrook. Their classes are full up until August but all have been cancelled up to mid-June. Situations in London are pretty similar too. I'm not exactly sure what to do if the deadline for BLS isn't extended tbh. :confused:

58 minutes ago, dopamineislife said:

Are we allowed to sign up for the blended? If so, is it the blended 120? 

I was told to complete the Interim course. They’re offering the first part online and then you can complete the in-person portion when they open!

edit: Not sure what the difference is between the interim and blended120 though..

53 minutes ago, emes said:

I was told to complete the Interim course. They’re offering the first part online and then you can complete the in-person portion when they open!

edit: Not sure what the difference is between the interim and blended120 though..

I would much rather take the interim if allowed. :/ the blended is offered in really limited places...

Just now, dopamineislife said:

What is the difference? I'm getting confused with these options lol 

Honestly IDEK lol. It looks like the format is slightly different since the interim course has the actual instructor being there online with you. It's also said to be meant for people who will actually be taking care of patients during covid. 

7 minutes ago, deedee908 said:

So has anyone successfully signed up for a BLS course yet?

I asked the risk management nurse and they  replied that we can take the BLS interim part 1 online and follow that with the in person component once they open again even if that's past the deadline. I registered for an interim course yesterday but haven't heard anything from the instructor yet.