Premed 101 Forums

McGill OT QY 2020

4 hours ago, PTPebbles said:

Someone posted in the Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected thread just now that they got accepted and they have until June 12 to accept the offer. I'm assuming we will hear back after that.

Thanks for responding! I saw that they didn’t say if it’s for a QY program or not. Sucks that they don’t have a date for release so we have to check daily LOL. Ah, sweet anxiety. Hope we’ll hear back soon! 

22 hours ago, oohtea said:

Thanks for responding! I saw that they didn’t say if it’s for a QY program or not. Sucks that they don’t have a date for release so we have to check daily LOL. Ah, sweet anxiety. Hope we’ll hear back soon! 

lol yep. I contacted them via the messaging portal on the application and they said "no delays, you will hear in May or June." :P

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, oohtea said:

Hey all. I just got my rejection letter two days ago. They said they’re prioritising Quebec residents this year due to the pandemic. Good luck to you all though! 

Thank you for letting us know. I'm assuming its a rejection or waitlist at this point, especially given that I'm out of province! 

2 hours ago, S_OT said:

I just got on the waitlist for McGill QY OT on Friday (June 19). I've heard from previous years that the waitlist does move. 
Fingers crossed that that's the case this year as well and we get in!

Glad to hear! Really hoping the same thing! Do you have any idea if its possible for us to find out if were closer to the bottom or top of the waitlist? It's killing me hahah

• 3 weeks later...

Ouhh!! I'm wondering if I should ask them as well. I didn't know we can ask! Did you email them on profmasters2.spot@mcgill.ca or did you write to them from the UApply portal? I also saw that you applied to PT QY @aliOT, have you heard back yet?

Is OT your first choice over PT? I only applied to OT this year so I hope we get in to our first choice programs! :)

On 7/14/2020 at 7:35 PM, S_OT said:

Ouhh!! I'm wondering if I should ask them as well. I didn't know we can ask! Did you email them on profmasters2.spot@mcgill.ca or did you write to them from the UApply portal? I also saw that you applied to PT QY @aliOT, have you heard back yet?

Is OT your first choice over PT? I only applied to OT this year so I hope we get in to our first choice programs! :)

Yess I emailed them through profmasters2.spot@mcgill.ca! But nono I actually only applied to OT too! Fingers crossed and I hope we somehow both get in!!