Premed 101 Forums

2 hours ago, ballsortahard said:

I got in this year doing that. Basically for my work experience I spoke briefly about my project and then talked about what I learnt from it, and in the life experience section I had one entry where I spoke about all the research achievements I had (pubs, major presentations, major awards). 

What would one do in the case of having a lot of research experience/awards (conference presentations, studentships, publications, general lab experince) distributed over multiple labs? Given that you can only have two verifiers per entry, how could you list extensive research achievements and experience distributed over more than two labs?

Not 100% sure, but presumably your verifier (I believe UofA only contacts verifier 2 if they don't hear back from verifier 1) would be comfortable verifying stuff they didn't directly oversee in this case. Wouldn't it be easy for your current PI to verify that you presented somewhere/received a studentship/published a paper in another lab? 

5 hours ago, garceyues said:

What would one do in the case of having a lot of research experience/awards (conference presentations, studentships, publications, general lab experince) distributed over multiple labs? Given that you can only have two verifiers per entry, how could you list extensive research achievements and experience distributed over more than two labs?

I just put my current supervisor as the verifier for all my research outputs because she is aware of my earlier pubs, awards, etc. 

10 hours ago, ballsortahard said:

I got in this year doing that. Basically for my work experience I spoke briefly about my project and then talked about what I learnt from it, and in the life experience section I had one entry where I spoke about all the research achievements I had (pubs, major presentations, major awards). 

That's awesome, just what I was looking for. And congrats!