Premed 101 Forums

Queens Class Schedule

First semester is light, not all day and lots of online, so your schedule is what you make it really. With the pandemic shadowing will probably be limited, for awhile. Second semester class picks up and some days are full days. Friday’s they try to either have off or be only a morning, sometimes just one class. And usually get another half day in the week every other week or so. Again with COVID things may look different so we don’t really know. But we always had time for sports, gym, volunteering, taking part in interest groups,

research, shadowing, no issue there.

edit: yeah above comment video is pretty good explanation.

59 minutes ago, IMislove said:

First semester is light, not all day and lots of online, so your schedule is what you make it really. With the pandemic shadowing will probably be limited, for awhile. Second semester class picks up and some days are full days. Friday’s they try to either have off or be only a morning, sometimes just one class. And usually get another half day in the week every other week or so. Again with COVID things may look different so we don’t really know. But we always had time for sports, gym, volunteering, taking part in interest groups,

research, shadowing, no issue there.

edit: yeah above comment video is pretty good explanation.

Thank you for your response. 

do you think it’s doable to come back to the gta area a couple times a month?

im excited about queens but was hoping for Mac since it’s closer to my partner, friends and family 

31 minutes ago, MDLD said:

Thank you for your response. 

do you think it’s doable to come back to the gta area a couple times a month?

im excited about queens but was hoping for Mac since it’s closer to my partner, friends and family 

If it helps, I have several friends who, throughout their MD undergrad at Mac, were able to make it to Kingston several times a month - and this is at Mac where there are usually no breaks. So I would speculate that it's quite doable the other way around :) Obviously I wouldn't be able to say for sure, but I also have a few friends at Queens who are also constantly on the move and are doing just fine! Good luck with everything MDLD! 

21 minutes ago, waterbottl said:

If it helps, I have several friends who, throughout their MD undergrad at Mac, were able to make it to Kingston several times a month - and this is at Mac where there are usually no breaks. So I would speculate that it's quite doable the other way around :) Obviously I wouldn't be able to say for sure, but I also have a few friends at Queens who are also constantly on the move and are doing just fine! Good luck with everything MDLD! 

haha this does help thank you so much!

25 minutes ago, waterbottl said:

This. Very easy to come home. Lots of people drive every weekend. Ride shares with other meds students is a good way to bond and have fun vs randoms.