Premed 101 Forums

McMaster PT Waitlist

9 minutes ago, rehabchick said:

I was #25 on the waitlist 2 years ago for Mac PT and was accepted 3 weeks after first rounds went out!

That’s good news! I’m scared because I’m going to provisionally accept my acceptance to Queen’s because I don’t want to risk not going to any school, and I’m scared that the acceptance from McMaster may come after the deadline of when provisional acceptances become firm :( such a stressful time 

20 hours ago, PTforLife319 said:

Where’d you decide to go if you don’t mind me asking and what was your reasoning?

I decided on UoT. While it will be more expensive and the commute won’t be fun (I don’t plan on moving to Toronto), I felt like the curriculum would suit me better, for one. I have nothing against the spiral curriculum for Mac, I just prefer the segmented approach of UoT. I also felt like the fact that UoT has a fairly heavy front end loaded curriculum in terms of in class leaning, it might be more suitable for our current pandemic restrictions compared toMac, which only has four placements and the first placement in January. 

I also attended the info sessions for both schools, and I came out of them feeling like UoT had a stronger priority for getting students back in the class and doing hands on clinical work. UoT plans (if the pandemic restrictions allow) to have students in class for clinical lab and anatomy over the fall, while Mac said their current plan is to start doing in class clinical lab once a week starting in October, with no in person anatomy over the fall. Obviously each of their plans will depend on the pandemic restrictions come September, but that was the feeling I got. 

I’ve also already done an MSc before applying to PT school, so I liked that UoT has a higher emphasis on research, Actually having students complete an original project and not just a scoping or systematic review. 

Hope that helps! 

• 2 weeks later...

I accepted Mac PT in the first round. I have heard of no waitlist movement and the class list stands at 56 (You can see the list on Mac's Avenue to Learn). If the class is normally 65, why has no one been called??? I have several friends high up on the waitlist waiting to hear. Has anyone heard of them decreasing the class size this year?

12 minutes ago, Colby1373 said:

I accepted Mac PT in the first round. I have heard of no waitlist movement and the class list stands at 56 (You can see the list on Mac's Avenue to Learn). If the class is normally 65, why has no one been called??? I have several friends high up on the waitlist waiting to hear. Has anyone heard of them decreasing the class size this year?

I'm honestly not expecting an offer anymore (I'm also pretty high on the waitlist). I sent them an email 2 days ago asking if there was any waitlist movement and they replied "We have not released additional offers, so it is unlikely that you will hear from us, unfortunately" and then proceeded to encourage me to apply again next year. Not sure if that's their way to reject people on the waitlist nicely, or they're just fed up with me sending weekly emails, lol.

57 minutes ago, Colby1373 said:

It was shared with current students that they offered the same amount of seats as they always have.

• 10 months later...

Hey guys! Thought I would add to this thread for the 2021 applications. I am #19 on the McMaster PT waitlist. Does anyone know how much movement usually occurs/what my chances are lol? Really hoping to get in somewhere..I was also waitlisted at Western PT (upper third) and Queen's PT

• 1 year later...