Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rv156

Can I get some help on what I might be able to apply to this cycle?

I'm really confused if I have any options to apply to this upcoming cycle... here are my stats.

Entering 4th year of University of Toronto 

year 1: cGPA 2.6 (not full load)

year 2: cGPA 4.0 [90.1%] (not full load)

year 3: cGPA 4.0 [94.3%] (full load)

Taking the DAT this November using DAT bootcamp... 

Thank you so much in advance.

1 hour ago, Dent_hopeful2021 said:

I'm really confused if I have any options to apply to this upcoming cycle... here are my stats.

Entering 4th year of University of Toronto 

year 1: cGPA 2.6 (not full load)

year 2: cGPA 4.0 [90.1%] (not full load)

year 3: cGPA 4.0 [94.3%] (full load)

Taking the DAT this November using DAT bootcamp... 

Thank you so much in advance.

Kudos on the gpa improvement!! Apply to western for sure, they take your top 2 years for gpa. Crush the DAT and you’ll be a solid applicant :)

30 minutes ago, TheMolarBear said:

Kudos on the gpa improvement!! Apply to western for sure, they take your top 2 years for gpa. Crush the DAT and you’ll be a solid applicant :)

Western needs full course load in those two years with 3 or more of the 5 courses in the year of study. Hope this is helpful!

On 5/29/2020 at 12:13 PM, Wild Rose Country said:

Western needs full course load in those two years with 3 or more of the 5 courses in the year of study. Hope this is helpful!

Hi - so does that mean I have no options to apply to this cycle? Would I have to complete 4th (full load) then apply to western + uoft? Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Dent_hopeful2021 said:

Hi - so does that mean I have no options to apply to this cycle? Would I have to complete 4th (full load) then apply to western + uoft? Thanks.

Hey, I am not sure (I don't remember) if Toronto has a full-load policy. If they don't, I think you can apply there (since you will be finishing your 4th year, they will not use your lowest GPA year (1st year I am assuming) and wont use your 4th year GPA as well) which means that they will only take your 2nd and 3rd year! For western you will need to wait one more year to apply I believe! Good luck

On 6/3/2020 at 3:12 PM, dental0550 said:

Hey, I am not sure (I don't remember) if Toronto has a full-load policy. If they don't, I think you can apply there (since you will be finishing your 4th year, they will not use your lowest GPA year (1st year I am assuming) and wont use your 4th year GPA as well) which means that they will only take your 2nd and 3rd year! For western you will need to wait one more year to apply I believe! Good luck

Thank you - but if I apply during 4th to uoft how would that work? Don't they look at top 3 years excluding worst year? So wouldn't they need my 4th year mark to calculate weighted gpa? Thank you for the reply :)