Premed 101 Forums

Chances of being accepted - grad student/frontline worker

A little about me:

1) Undergrad GPA 3.5 - cum laude. Recipient of a leadership based scholarship too.
2) Did Masters in Occupational Therapy at Queens (course based 2 year program). Worked in a community setting for 1 year doing home visits. Almost 1 year at a hospital (acute medicine, ICU, cardiac care, etc) providing rehabilitation in an acute setting. I've been working during this pandemic in the frontlines full-time and recently went part-time to study for MCATs as well (schedule to write in early Sept)
3) 2 research publications + 2 research projects
4) Extensive leadership experiences including organizing national level conferences, as well as student leadership experiences.
5) Had a past student placement funded by NOSM in Thunder Bay for 2 months, and a student delegate for an international leadership experience with the dean of health sciences during my Masters.
6) I can get a good reference letter from the dean of health sciences, as well as my manager at the hospital, plus one of my past research supervisors

I submitted a med school app 2 years ago and did not get an interview.
I had a very low MCAT score. Any advice on my chances of getting in?

If i re-write the MCAT, what would be my chances? is it worth it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :) 

When you say your undergrad GPA is 3.5, is that your cumulative undergrad GPA? Is your most recent 2-year undergrad GPA different? It seems to me that GPA is likely your biggest question mark. The GPA cut-off for applicants with a graduate degree is a little lower than for undergraduates, but nobody knows exactly what it is. It's anyone's guess whether 3.5 would make the cut or not. If not, the rest of your application unfortunately won't be considered.

Keep in mind that only your undergraduate GPA is considered -- not your GPA from your OT degree.