Premed 101 Forums

Carms 2021. -IMGs

The last NAC exam took place on March 7 - four days before the pandemic state of emergency was declared (in Ontario). The regional testing center already had some Covid-19 precautions in place. My guess is the exam will likely proceed as planned, however as always, check for updates as time goes on. Nothing is certain anymore these days.

For the IMGs applying this year, I would heavily weigh the pros and cons of your own application, and how that may fit with the risks/benefits of US match vs Canada match.

As far as i know, the US match will occur FIRST this year, and not after the Canadian match like it usually is - but this may change if NRMP updates things or not. So keep a strong update on this.  As you may be walking into having to take a huge risk of not ranking your US options if you are gungho about Canadian options;  an un-envious decision if it came down to it.

41 minutes ago, JohnGrisham said:

For the IMGs applying this year, I would heavily weigh the pros and cons of your own application, and how that may fit with the risks/benefits of US match vs Canada match.

As far as i know, the US match will occur FIRST this year, and not after the Canadian match like it usually is - but this may change if NRMP updates things or not. So keep a strong update on this.  As you may be walking into having to take a huge risk of not ranking your US options if you are gungho about Canadian options;  an un-envious decision if it came down to it.

ECFMG certification is still questioned without the CS

do you think OSCE exams will be offered this fall like NAC and LMCC2?

22 minutes ago, r1sa said:

ECFMG certification is still questioned without the CS

do you think OSCE exams will be offered this fall like NAC and LMCC2?

Sorry, I do not know, keep an eye on the official websites and email them directly about NAC OSCE.

I would assume ECFMG would waive CS requirement, as they depend on alot of IMGs coming into the US? Again, keep an eye on official sources.