Premed 101 Forums

Format of classes next year? (Medicine)

On 6/3/2020 at 1:01 AM, Moonlight2 said:

Does it say when they’ll hold it? I hope to god they don’t do ours online!! :unsure:

It will 100% NOT be online! We've told admin that we think that would completely defeat the point of the ceremony and they agree. No firm date yet for obvious reasons but I would guess probably at the end of second semester. I'm actually kind of jealous of you guys - I think it will be way more fun to watch all of your friends that you've just spent the last (crazy) year with walking across the stage to get their white coat instead of a bunch of people that you don't know yet! 

As soon as there is a date confirmed it'll be passed along to you guys :) 

52 minutes ago, Anonymous678 said:

Does anyone know if any in person component (even if it’s 1 or 2 days)  is confirmed for the fall semester? I’ve heard that there may be some small groups, but just wanted to confirm! 

Everything is subject to change unfortunately but the current plan does involve some in person stuff - the priority is our interviewing/physical exams skills course (PCCM) and anatomy as those have been identified as the two toughest things to translate over to virtual learning. We're not completely clear on how frequent these sessions will be but I would imagine there will be updates as we get closer to September, and I think it is safe to say that unless things go really off the rails we'll have some in person component! 

Admin is also working hard with the hospitals and community partners to get observerships (OCLOs) up and running, so that's another in person thing that will be happening (fingers crossed)!