Premed 101 Forums

Dalhousie Class of 2024 - Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected

I thought we could maybe share our results/stats here for future reference. There’s not a lot of information out there for Dal DDS and I know it would have helped me a lot when I first started looking into Dal. I made a template based on the others on this forum. Please feel free to add any information you think would be helpful for others :)

Result:

IP (Atlantic Provinces)/OOP/International:

wGPA (Last 60 cr):

Prereq GPA (Higher sciences):

DAT (Bio/Chem/PAT/RC/MDT):

Interview:

Comments:

--------------------------

I guess I'll start first!

Result: Accepted!!!! :D

IP (Atlantic Provinces)/OOP/International: IP (NB)

wGPA (Last 60 cr): Around 4.05/4.30 (I repeated courses during my last two years and they take the average of the 2 courses)

Prereq GPA (Higher sciences): Depends on how they calculated it, either 4.15 or 4.18/4.30

DAT (Bio/Chem/PAT/RC/MDT): 21/20/22/22/23

Interview: I felt like I reaaaally messed up 2 questions, did great on 1 or 2 and ok on the rest. Just goes to show that you're not the best at judging your own performance.

Comments: Sooo excited to meet everyone!! :)

Result: accepted 

IP (Atlantic Provinces)/OOP/International: IP

wGPA (Last 60 cr): 4.15 (I THINK)

Prereq GPA (Higher sciences): 4.2 (i think)

DAT (Bio/Chem/PAT/RC/MDT): 20/19/19/20/14 (lol)

Interview: I was not prepared for the change in format but it wasn't too bad the interviewers were really nice. 

Comments: I know it will be different to have online courses and simulated labs and not being able to attend class with other people but i cant wait to meet everyone virtually and whenever things go back to normal!

Result: Rejected :(

IP (Atlantic Provinces)/OOP/International: IP (NS)

wGPA (Last 60 cr): 4.05/4.3

Prereq GPA (Higher sciences): 4.3/4.3

DAT (Bio/Chem/PAT/RC/MDT): 20/21/24/24/26

Interview: Definitely shocked by the change in interview style but felt like I adapted well (except when they asked me what my favourite TV show is??)

Comments: Was very shocked to be rejected again being a reapplicant and meeting with admissions last year for feedback :( not sure if anyone has feedback on where I may have went wrong??

Result: Waitlisted

IP (Atlantic Provinces)/OOP/International: IP NS

wGPA (Last 60 cr): 4.2/4.3

Prereq GPA (Higher sciences):  4.3/4.3

DAT (Bio/Chem/PAT/RC/MDT): 24/28/26/22/18

Interview: I was vey comfortable with the format this year and thought the interview went quite well.

Comments: Confused about what went wrong this cycle. I was rejected last year due to a poor DAT score so more hopeful now.:unsure:

11 minutes ago, dentalbuzz said:

IP (Atlantic Provinces)/OOP/International: IP NS

wGPA (Last 60 cr): 4.2/4.3

Prereq GPA (Higher sciences):  4.3/4.3

DAT (Bio/Chem/PAT/RC/MDT): 24/28/26/22/18

Interview: I was vey comfortable with the format this year and thought the interview went quite well.

Comments: Confused about what went wrong this cycle. I was rejected last year due to a poor DAT score so more hopeful now.:unsure:

What was your DAT score they said was too low last year?

IP (Atlantic Provinces)/OOP/International: IP (NS)

wGPA (Last 60 cr): 4.30/4.30

Prereq GPA (Higher sciences): 4.28/4.30

DAT (Bio/Chem/PAT/RC/MDT): 28/26/24/22/19

Interview: Thought it went well and a lot better than the other interviews I did this cycle

Comments: I was waitlisted last cycle and re did the dat for this cycle. I emailed Jo-Anne about my application breakdown this year so just waiting it out I guess :/ 

On 6/8/2020 at 1:09 PM, juzchill said:

IP (Atlantic Provinces)/OOP/International: IP (NS)

wGPA (Last 60 cr): 4.30/4.30

Prereq GPA (Higher sciences): 4.28/4.30

DAT (Bio/Chem/PAT/RC/MDT): 28/26/24/22/19

Interview: Thought it went well and a lot better than the other interviews I did this cycle

Comments: I was waitlisted last cycle and re did the dat for this cycle. I emailed Jo-Anne about my application breakdown this year so just waiting it out I guess :/ 

Did she reply? Good luck! I know a lot of people get off the wait list so there’s hope :)

does anyone know anything regarding international students? My friend is waiting to hear back, but doesn’t have an account!

40 minutes ago, Relevantmatters said:

Did she reply? Good luck! I know a lot of people get off the wait list so there’s hope :)

does anyone know anything regarding international students? My friend is waiting to hear back, but doesn’t have an account!

Do you know how many people get off the waitlist usually? 

I have a friend from the States who interviewed the last week of May and they told her she would know mid-June. I'm guessing this week.

5 hours ago, Maggiie19 said:

Do you know how many people get off the waitlist usually? 

I have a friend from the States who interviewed the last week of May and they told her she would know mid-June. I'm guessing this week.

regarding the wait list I’ve heard around 5! Hard to predict though because it various each year. 

keep me updated when your friend hears back 

9 hours ago, Relevantmatters said:

regarding the wait list I’ve heard around 5! Hard to predict though because it various each year. 

keep me updated when your friend hears back 

Today is last day to accept offers so the waitlist should start moving this week.

I will!

On 6/14/2020 at 4:06 PM, Relevantmatters said:

Hey! Sorry for the late response. Yes she did reply but there’s about 10-15 people on the waitlist and she said we can expect some movement after June 18th. Not sure about international students tho! 

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2020 at 9:49 AM, Maggiie19 said:

I thought we could maybe share our results/stats here for future reference. There’s not a lot of information out there for Dal DDS and I know it would have helped me a lot when I first started looking into Dal. I made a template based on the others on this forum. Please feel free to add any information you think would be helpful for others :)

Result:

IP (Atlantic Provinces)/OOP/International:

wGPA (Last 60 cr):

Prereq GPA (Higher sciences):

DAT (Bio/Chem/PAT/RC/MDT):

Interview:

Comments:

--------------------------

I guess I'll start first!

Result: Accepted!!!! :D

IP (Atlantic Provinces)/OOP/International: IP (NB)

wGPA (Last 60 cr): Around 4.05/4.30 (I repeated courses during my last two years and they take the average of the 2 courses)

Prereq GPA (Higher sciences): Depends on how they calculated it, either 4.15 or 4.18/4.30

DAT (Bio/Chem/PAT/RC/MDT): 21/20/22/22/23

Interview: I felt like I reaaaally messed up 2 questions, did great on 1 or 2 and ok on the rest. Just goes to show that you're not the best at judging your own performance.

Comments: Sooo excited to meet everyone!! :)

Hey! I was wondering if I could send you a PM. I'm applying to Dal this year and have some questions! :) 

• 2 months later...