Premed 101 Forums

Pre-req - redo

Lplpk

Hi everyone,

I'm a little bit confused about the pre-req classes and grades. From what I understood, you can retake some CEGEP classes to improve your pre-req grades. I'm wondering if I have to retake all the 7 classes or just the ones I didn't do so good (which in my case was biology).

Also, does anyone know/suggest any good cegep that offers evening classes for bio?

Thank you very much :)

On 6/6/2020 at 10:40 AM, Lplpk said:

Hi everyone,

I'm a little bit confused about the pre-req classes and grades. From what I understood, you can retake some CEGEP classes to improve your pre-req grades. I'm wondering if I have to retake all the 7 classes or just the ones I didn't do so good (which in my case was biology).

Also, does anyone know/suggest any good cegep that offers evening classes for bio?

Thank you very much :)

Hey, I know, personally, I planned on redoing them at Dawson. They offer bio, but i think it's only summer and winter evening classes as continuing education (for bio specifically).

I just don't know if the changes to the prereq process (recently announced) are forever of only for next cycle because of covid. So I'll wait on that.

Also, if the prereq count post-interview (as in did before covid) then your goal is to be competitive with the total GPA of the 7 classes. A competitive GPA would be 3.7+ but the higher the better since a lot of applicants have 3.9-4.0 prereqs. Before last year you would have to retake them every 8 years as they would expire. This was removed last year, prereqs don't have expiry dates anymore. The only deciding factor for redoing them are the grades you have and if the changes from this year are permanance or no (they will count the interview as 100%).

Hope this helps!