Premed 101 Forums

1 hour ago, Hammmmmy said:

There were several who got offers with lower GPAs than mine on the accepted thread boss 

In a class of 170, yes. That doesn't change the fact the mean GPA is 3.91, and nothing I am saying is incorrect. It's not meant to be an insult at all - clearly other parts of your application were particularly impressive!

Keep in mind you called me "fake news" and then someone confirmed that admissions told them the same thing..

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Medfool25 said:

From their FAQ page:

image.png.065f0dd773537244d008ac7a21b5ebb5.png

Make of it what you will :unsure:

sure  they don't guarantee it - every school gives themselves some wiggle room in case they know you are an axe murderer for instance. 

Just because they won't back themselves into a corner doesn't mean that the principle in general stands and almost always is applied :)

Edited by rmorelan

2 minutes ago, rmorelan said:

sure don't guarantee it - every school gives themselves some wiggle room in case they know you are an axe murderer for instance. 

Just because they won't back themselves into a corner doesn't mean that the principle in general stands and almost always is applied :)

I sure hope so. My GPA is below average haha.

1 minute ago, Medfool25 said:

I sure hope so. My GPA is below average haha.

is the past when things were absolutely rigid in their cut offs we would find the odd person that somehow didn't get in despite getting what they thought was the cut offs. We would then confirm their GPA/MCAT - around 50% of the time we would find the student did the math wrong, and about 50% it was the school. In the latter case we would then argue they should get an interview, and in fact they were granted. Rules are rules, and applied evenly and fairly. 

• 2 months later...