Premed 101 Forums

iPad Pro for Tests and Assignments

I would agree with the above. UofT, like almost all schools in Canada, moved to an examplify AI proctoring system which is not set for iPads (yet). There has been some discussion about future exams being held in small groups or in multiple sites simultaneously, but nothing concrete yet. The idea is - if many students don't have to sit together during this uncertain time, why should we force them to for the sake of a test?
Because proctoring requires recording of your screen, front facing camera and a working microphone, the tech requirements aren't that bad. There are some 300$ "test machines" out there that would do the job well.

That said, I am aware that the UofT covid fund has helped students (med and non med) to meet the new and unexpected technical requirements. I would suggest, as said above, to reach out to the admins - particularly the examsoft team and the finance team, and ask about requirements and options.

Outside of the world of examination, the iPad pro should be great for note taking and exam prep (notability is life).

Congrats on your acceptence, and good luck!