Premed 101 Forums

MCAT re-write worth it??

I wrote the MCAT 2 years ago and scored at 508 (all sections above 124, with 126 in CARS) and Im trying to decide if I should attempt to re-write it this summer. I'm worried about doing worse,  as I would only have between now and mid-August to prepare (and I work full-time). 

For UBC, is it possible to become ineligible? If say, I got an overall score that was higher, but one section had below 124? Any insight into how they look at it if you do worse? Apparently you have to release all MCAT scores to UBC. Or if you have at least one MCAT that meets their requirements (all sections above 124) then you are all good?  I'm IP 

Any advice much appreciated! :)

26 minutes ago, Itllbeok said:

I wrote the MCAT 2 years ago and scored at 508 (all sections above 124, with 126 in CARS) and Im trying to decide if I should attempt to re-write it this summer. I'm worried about doing worse,  as I would only have between now and mid-August to prepare (and I work full-time). 

For UBC, is it possible to become ineligible? If say, I got an overall score that was higher, but one section had below 124? Any insight into how they look at it if you do worse? Or if you have at least one MCAT that meets their requirements (all sections above 124) then you are all good? I just dont want to risk becoming ineligible for the upcoming cycle, seeing as I've made it to the waitlist for UBC this cycle with my 508 score. I'm IP 

You just need the one eligible score. If you do worse this time, they’ll still use your old score. 

On 6/15/2020 at 11:12 AM, Itllbeok said:

For UBC, is it possible to become ineligible? If say, I got an overall score that was higher, but one section had below 124? Any insight into how they look at it if you do worse? Apparently you have to release all MCAT scores to UBC. Or if you have at least one MCAT that meets their requirements (all sections above 124) then you are all good? I just dont want to risk becoming ineligible for the upcoming cycle, seeing as I've made it to the waitlist for UBC this cycle with my 508 score. I'm IP 

It might be too rushed to re-write for the upcoming cycle as you said, but you could consider re-writing for the next, next cycle (hopefully you'll get in before then, but it's good to plan ahead). A high mcat score will help you tremendously post-interview, and could very well be the difference between waitlist and acceptance. The average mcat of the entering class is 514 I believe