Premed 101 Forums

Ottawa Housing

Given Ottawa will be officially hybrid, is there really an advantage of living super close to the school? Now thinking it might be better to live downtown and have grocery stores/cafes/stores in close proximity and commute whenever we need to attend in-person sessions. The main drawback I see to this is the commute (when required) and the lack of social experience one may not get from living in a predominantly med area. Any thoughts?  

11 minutes ago, dopamineislife said:

Given Ottawa will be officially hybrid, is there really an advantage of living super close to the school? Now thinking it might be better to live downtown and have grocery stores/cafes/stores in close proximity and commute whenever we need to attend in-person sessions. The main drawback I see to this is the commute (when required) and the lack of social experience one may get from living in a predominantly med area. Any thoughts?  

In theory it does seem better to live downtown now. You are only 15-20 minutes away from Freedom/Tall Oak so I don't think you'd be missing out on any social experiences. Just commute over if there is an event going on. One thing to consider is that the hybrid curriculum is only confirmed for the fall semester. By the winter semester there could be way more classes in person; thus, you''ll have to commute a lot more. 

• 4 months later...

I am looking for someone to sublet or take over my lease (until sept 2021) to a female student from December 2020 or January 2021 because I'll move back to Montreal. Everything is included (wifi, electricity , water). The room and common areas are furnished (dishwasher, laundry in-unit). Each room have their own personal lock. You will share the kitchen, living room and the bathroom with 2 girls. Other roommates are all female students in med school, quiet and respectful. 10 mins walk to CHEO 15 mins walk to Trainyard 10 mins drive to downtown 600$ (Parking available). Please dm me to have photos and more information if it's needed