Premed 101 Forums

University of Manitoba DMD Class of 2024 Admission Stats

Accepted! 

OOP

AGPA: 3.945

DAT: 24.5

Interview: overall thought it went well, didn’t fully know what to expect with a Skype interview. More relaxed than other dental school interviews, probably because it was over the computer lol

Excited to meet everyone this fall! 

On 6/21/2020 at 11:58 AM, ESchumes said:

Accepted! 

OOP

Interview: overall thought it went well, didn’t fully know what to expect with a Skype interview. More relaxed than other dental school interviews, probably because it was over the computer lol

Rejected

IP

AGPA: 4.0 (UofM’s agpa scaling screwed me)

Dat: 23.75

interview: thought it went well and was relaxed but actually went bad apparently.

Feeling pretty down, anybody know if these stats are good enough for Manitoba or other universities if I focus on my interview skills the next cycle.

On 6/22/2020 at 3:01 PM, Dokkan said:

Rejected

IP

AGPA: 4.0 (UofM’s agpa scaling screwed me)

Dat: 23.75

interview: thought it went well and was relaxed but actually went bad apparently.

Feeling pretty down, anybody know if these stats are good enough for Manitoba or other universities if I focus on my interview skills the next cycle.

Hey, I know last years stats for average AGPA for Manitoba was 4.1 and Average DAT was 21.5. So you had an excellent DAT score and a pretty good agpa. I heard that this year they interviewed 90 people instead of the 62 that they did last year. Not sure how far this is true tho. So it’s possible stats were way higher this year, not sure tho. But I think definitely your interview is what probably kept you out, since your stats are awesome! 

On 6/21/2020 at 11:58 AM, ESchumes said:

Accepted! 

OOP

Congrats!! Do you mind me asking how you prepped for the interview? 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, toothfairy__ said:

Im applying to dentistry at uofm in the future and how does the waitlist system work? I have no information about that and I am just curious!

I've read on previous posts that usually about 12 people are on the waitlist and about 5-7 usually get offers. They'll tell you your spot/rank on the waitlist about 2 weeks after decisions

I hope that helps :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...