Premed 101 Forums

Any idea when OAS opens?

On 6/21/2020 at 12:44 AM, Dust_Bucket said:

I vaguely remember the admissions team posting about Covid-19 back in April but it looks like it’s been silence on that end since then. 

Has anyone reached out/heard more? 

I have been checking everyday since June 15 :(. I hope it opens sooner than later.. getting anxious to start my application.

On 6/22/2020 at 10:35 PM, slslsl said:

I have been checking everyday since June 15 :(. I hope it opens sooner than later.. getting anxious to start my application.

What on earth is taking them so long they said we’d get an update early May and OAS opens mid June, it’s almost July 

The info for the class of 2024 is still rolling out. Be patient friends... us 2024s still are waiting to find out so much. 

That being said... you can start working on your application without the system being open. 

Check out the help guide from last year at https://mdprogram.med.ubc.ca/admissions/online-application-system/

The applications vary in small ways every year but you can start to gather information and draft up parts of your applications (for example: awards, research, employment, non-academics). 

You will need start dates, end dates, total hours, someone to verify activities and their email and phone number. 

Feel free to message me for more info on where to start if you need.

3 hours ago, ShadesofCyan said:

The info for the class of 2024 is still rolling out. Be patient friends... us 2024s still are waiting to find out so much. 

That being said... you can start working on your application without the system being open. 

Check out the help guide from last year at https://mdprogram.med.ubc.ca/admissions/online-application-system/

The applications vary in small ways every year but you can start to gather information and draft up parts of your applications (for example: awards, research, employment, non-academics). 

You will need start dates, end dates, total hours, someone to verify activities and their email and phone number. 

Feel free to message me for more info on where to start if you need.

This was the more helpful answer ;)

20 hours ago, corgi321 said:

What on earth is taking them so long they said we’d get an update early May and OAS opens mid June, it’s almost July 

If there is anything I learned in my first year, whatever timelines the faculty gives us for releasing their work, is never on time, but whatever deadlines they have for us to submit work is very very strict.... 

:/

We cannot answer your policy questions, but we can answer questions related to the activities and sections mentioned in this post. We will also be providing a comprehensive help guide with information about how to complete each section of the application, once it opens. In the interim, you are welcome to review last year’s help guide, to give you a sense of the information we will be looking for (though there will be updates this year, so do not rely on it once the new application system opens).

It looks like there will be policy changes. With all the time they're taking, I'm really concerned about what changes they'll implement :( 

Really hope they aren't drastic changes that disqualify applicants that previously qualified.

21 hours ago, goldenelephant said:

We cannot answer your policy questions, but we can answer questions related to the activities and sections mentioned in this post. We will also be providing a comprehensive help guide with information about how to complete each section of the application, once it opens. In the interim, you are welcome to review last year’s help guide, to give you a sense of the information we will be looking for (though there will be updates this year, so do not rely on it once the new application system opens).

It looks like there will be policy changes. With all the time they're taking, I'm really concerned about what changes they'll implement :( 

Really hope they aren't drastic changes that disqualify applicants that previously qualified.

Anyone know what their policy change history has been recently? I know they've made small changes here and there over the years but I can't seem to find a record/report of them. 

• 2 weeks later...