Premed 101 Forums

Masters Completion Date for 2021

Posted first in OMSAS general but realized this might be a better place...

Hey,

Got into a 1 year masters program for 2020/21 and want to apply to all Ontario schools for Sept 2021 (haven't decided if I also want to try out of province yet). 

Only problem is - the finish date for coursework for the Masters is intended every year for July 31. This year, because of COVID, that date was pushed back to Aug 7 2020. I have spoken to the admissions coordinator of the masters program about this and they can't guarantee that in 2021, the program will finish by July 31 (COVID related problems might cause a delay again). I emailed all the Ontario med schools to ask if they would be okay with a later date (if it was pushed back one week or less due to COVID) and all gave the OK except for Queens and Toronto. 

Does anyone think that if I got into either of these schools, and my program was delayed completion by like 4 days they would rescind my offer? and does anyone know for out of ontario schools? 

Any advice is appreciated!! :):)