Premed 101 Forums

Online First Aid and CPR Courses

1 hour ago, TheStern said:

Just gonna give this a boost in case anyone knows of any recommendations :)

Dunno about the requirements for Western, but at Ottawa, they're mostly recommending doing those by Heart & Stroke Foundation providers. And for these a practical session is mandatory, but you can get an online interim class at first. 

I just did the BLS blended 120 from Heart and Stroke- it counts as a full BLS provider course and it did not take long at all. I took about 2 hours to do the online stuff and the in-person class was an hour tops. As of now these courses are still running with COVID- we just had to wear PPE (gown, mask and shield, gloves) for the in-person which is provided for you

47 minutes ago, Psych said:

I just did the BLS blended 120 from Heart and Stroke- it counts as a full BLS provider course and it did not take long at all. I took about 2 hours to do the online stuff and the in-person class was an hour tops. As of now these courses are still running with COVID- we just had to wear PPE (gown, mask and shield, gloves) for the in-person which is provided for you

Isn’t this course only valid for one year? Not sure if that matters but I’ve seen a few courses where the certificate is valid for 2-3 years?? (Could be wrong)