Premed 101 Forums

iPad Air with Windows Laptop

Hey! Just wondering if there are any users that have a windows laptop and iPad air. How easy is it transferring files from the iPad to windows laptop and how do you achieve this? I am looking to buy an iPad to take notes on (via noteability).

Additionally, what storage size of the iPad would be sufficient? Would the 64gb be enough? 

You just use iTunes to transfer files to the iPad, like pdfs and whatnot. Notability also lets you grab files from google drive or other cloud storage platforms, which is far more convenient. 

I also recommend the free version of PDF Expert on iOS, it was better than notability for annotating / highlighting / taking notes in textbooks. Premium literally does nothing more for me. 

I have a 128gb iPad, of which school stuff takes up ~2gb. If you put a lot of videos or movies maybe that would eat it up? but honestly, 64gb is fine, the 128gb I have is more than I'll ever use. 

2 hours ago, HeroX37 said:

You just use iTunes to transfer files to the iPad, like pdfs and whatnot. Notability also lets you grab files from google drive or other cloud storage platforms, which is far more convenient. 

I also recommend the free version of PDF Expert on iOS, it was better than notability for annotating / highlighting / taking notes in textbooks. Premium literally does nothing more for me. 

I have a 128gb iPad, of which school stuff takes up ~2gb. If you put a lot of videos or movies maybe that would eat it up? but honestly, 64gb is fine, the 128gb I have is more than I'll ever use. 

Awesome, thanks for the info! Nice that's sweet! Will definitely look into PDF expert. I also heard from someone that you can purchase an external hard-drive and use that to transfer files (trying to find the cheapest way possible haha). So I'm assuming you don't have any trouble having an iPad and windows laptop right? 

39 minutes ago, popfossa said:

Awesome, thanks for the info! Nice that's sweet! Will definitely look into PDF expert. I also heard from someone that you can purchase an external hard-drive and use that to transfer files (trying to find the cheapest way possible haha). So I'm assuming you don't have any trouble having an iPad and windows laptop right? 

Cheapest? all those are free lol except notability which is 1 time payment (buying the app itself). Not sure about buying an external hard-drive for transferring files to an iPad, the wire that comes with it should work to transfer files from your computer to your iPad. 

No issues at all honestly.