Premed 101 Forums

Personal Activities Character Limit (2020/2021 cycle)

Hi! 

Does anyone know what is the character limit for personal activities for this current cycle. I cannot access the secondaries as they now want References in the primary application (WHY do this!:wacko:), so waiting on that.... but wanted to start polishing my personal activities sections till then. It's weird they gave the character limit for the 3 required essays, but no where on the website can I find the info for personal activities limit.

Thank you so much and Good luck to you all!:)

2 hours ago, wondergirl said:

Hi! 

Does anyone know what is the character limit for personal activities for this current cycle. I cannot access the secondaries as they now want References in the primary application (WHY do this!:wacko:), so waiting on that.... but wanted to start polishing my personal activities sections till then. It's weird they gave the character limit for the 3 required essays, but no where on the website can I find the info for personal activities limit.

Thank you so much and Good luck to you all!:)

There's four spaces for volunteering, leadership, work experience and experiences/ achievements and those have a 325 limit, and then there is two more life experience/ achievement with 750 character, one about whats something that was a challenge and how you dealt with it that's 2000 character and one about something life changing that made you a better person that's 1500 character :)

2 minutes ago, Tcell said:

There's four spaces for volunteering, leadership, work experience and experiences/ achievements and those have a 325 limit, and then there is two more life experience/ achievement with 750 character, one about whats something that was a challenge and how you dealt with it that's 2000 character and one about something life changing that made you a better person that's 1500 character :)

Thank you soooo much Tcell!! :):) <3  

On 7/11/2020 at 1:01 PM, Albertadreamz said:

I have a question about the primary application where they ask you to list your alternative plans for the year if you are not accepted. Does anyone know how seriously they take this question or have any tips for answering it?

I am also wondering this

On 7/11/2020 at 3:01 PM, Albertadreamz said:

I have a question about the primary application where they ask you to list your alternative plans for the year if you are not accepted. Does anyone know how seriously they take this question or have any tips for answering it?

Every question is serious and requires a credible answer. Answer truthfully. I would assume your alternatives are amongst taking a gap year, studying for a Masters in a given discipline or seeking employment. I would not leave the answer blank or give an answer that will make the reader question your common sense, logic or sincerity. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 3:01 PM, Albertadreamz said:

Is this scored? Because this question was asked last year, but the "up to 500 words" spooked me. I wrote like 5 sentences and submitted it (as it's the primary application and I wanted initially to access my secondaries) but now I'm not sure of my answer.

1 hour ago, jkadsjfpewklcxnlkasdjpw said:

Is this scored? Because this question was asked last year, but the "up to 500 words" spooked me. I wrote like 5 sentences and submitted it (as it's the primary application and I wanted initially to access my secondaries) but now I'm not sure of my answer.

I ended up only using ~120 words to share my alternate plans. I think it’s more about quality than quantity! I wanted to try and use more space (because it feels like so much wasted, valuable real estate) but it didn’t feel genuine. I was pretty concise, but I think portrayed my plans well.