Premed 101 Forums

Social accountability initiative Post-Interview

Do applicants who are applying to the social accountability initiative also get considered for regular stream seats post-interview? My interpretation is that they are based on the last sentence of the following:

• Why should I apply to this initiative? What is the general process?

Application for the Social Accountability Initiative is voluntary. Once the Social Accountability application is reviewed and accepted by the Admissions Office, LSES eligibility is confirmed. Candidates will then compete for the two reserved seats. Academic and non-academic file review for these seats is identical to the other general admissions. Note that if we have numerous qualifying candidates after both academic and non-academic file reviews they are also considered for regular stream seats.

My interpretation is yes, if you weren't strong enough to get 1 of the 2 seats from the interview, you will be considered for regular stream. If for example, 2 other people that applied to SAI preformed better than you in the interview, you will be reviewed through the regular pool and/or placed on the regular waitlist with no special considerations (unless someone from the SAI drops out/doesn't accept the offer then maybe you will be offered first). This is how I saw things work on the waitlist this year.

1 hour ago, greysweater said:

My interpretation is yes, if you weren't strong enough to get 1 of the 2 seats from the interview, you will be considered for regular stream. If for example, 2 other people that applied to SAI preformed better than you in the interview, you will be reviewed through the regular pool and/or placed on the regular waitlist with no special considerations (unless someone from the SAI drops out/doesn't accept the offer then maybe you will be offered first). This is how I saw things work on the waitlist this year.

Ah, you saw more than 2 SAI-confirmed candidates that got in this year off the waitlist? 

12 minutes ago, Failure said:

Ah, you saw more than 2 SAI-confirmed candidates that got in this year off the waitlist? 

I am also curious to find out how this whole stream thing works. I looked through 2020 waitlist and accepted threads but I don't see anyone mentioning the social accountability stream.

No, the max they will accept outright is 2. But theoretically, if one of those 2 accepts another school and someone from the SAI is on the waitlist, I would assume the waitlisted SAI applicant would take the dropped SAI's applicants spot. From the people I saw apply to SAI, they ended up on the regular waitlist with everyone else though. Probably both the SAI people that were initially offered this year accepted their spots.

You could always email the adcoms and see what they say! 

5 hours ago, greysweater said:

No, the max they will accept outright is 2. But theoretically, if one of those 2 accepts another school and someone from the SAI is on the waitlist, I would assume the waitlisted SAI applicant would take the dropped SAI's applicants spot. From the people I saw apply to SAI, they ended up on the regular waitlist with everyone else though. Probably both the SAI people that were initially offered this year accepted their spots.

You could always email the adcoms and see what they say! 

That’s what I was wondering! So those who apply for SAI were still considered for the regular stream after the interview.