Premed 101 Forums

Advice?

So I'm currently studying commerce at a CEGEP right now, but I have decided that I wanted to pursue a career in medicine after giving it long thought. Now, would my best option be to go and switch programs to science (I don't have high school physics or chemistry so I would have to re-do it) or is there any other options for me for example minoring in sciences at McGill, although I'm not sure how that would work considering I do not have a science background. Therefore,  I'm kind of confused and not sure what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Hi, so I'm myself a Cegep student (in health sciences) and I know many people who didn't have physics and chem in high school... The majority of them (that I know) went to Cegep Édouard-Montpetit where there's a program named TREMPLIN DEC and you can get your physics & chem courses done. Look if your school or another one (not so far) has this program. I think it's better for you to do it in college than university because financially you pay less and also the teachers (in general) pay more attention. You should take your time in Cegep to finish all of that and then apply for university and start in medicine or another program related to sciences (what I think is the best..). 

Hope it helped you:)

Just make sure your DEC is completed within the time limit for Med-P (if you want to apply as Med-P) and you should be fine! You could also do your sec. 5 high school sciences in summer class or online. If the time limit is too tight for Med-P, you can stay as long as you need in Cegep and apply as a Cegep candidate Quebec-wide, which is the easiest way to apply. ^^