Premed 101 Forums

Hello! I am a secondary 5 student at a private high school in Montreal.  

I am interested in going into medicine, and do not know which CEGEP to choose accordingly to that. I’m also not certain if the CEGEP I choose will, positively or negatively, affect my R score, or if going to a public CEGEP will prevent me from obtaining a high R-score. Would it be more of an advantage to attend a private one? (Not sure if this is relevant, but the language of the CEGEP doesn’t matter to me since I’m perfectly bilingual, but I have gone to school in French since elementary). I’m used to being in a competitive environment and absolutely don’t mind giving up my social life for school, so I do believe this matches more to the general ambiance certain private CEGEP’s. For public ones, I’m not too sure but I think Bois de Boulogne is a good school for getting into medicine, and for private obviously Marianopolis is the best regarding the R-score. I also don’t know if the proximity to my house should be an important factor when choosing. 

Thanks in advance  

7 minutes ago, samy said:

Public or private, it doesn't matter. I suggest you chose a CEGEP based on proximity of your home .

Maisonneuve, Bois-De-Boulogne, Marianopolis, Bréboeuf will all give you the chance you need to succeed. 

Good luck.

Dawson gives very good R scores too, it's basically the public equivalent of Mariano!