Premed 101 Forums

NOSM 2021 Online Interviews

I'd done in-person interviews in prior years and did an online one this year. I thought it went pretty much the same as in-person interviews in terms of my performance. Having an interviewer in front of you can be more engaging, but fortunately I was able to talk about some issues that I will get fired up discussing whether I'm speaking into a microphone or not. I don't know. I was sceptical at first, but I ultimately got accepted, so I guess it didn't go as poorly as I imagined.

That said, I'll add that NOSM handled it pretty flawlessly. I found it very straightforward and everything went without a hitch.

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2020 at 9:29 AM, ER_Mike said:

I'd done in-person interviews in prior years and did an online one this year. I thought it went pretty much the same as in-person interviews in terms of my performance. Having an interviewer in front of you can be more engaging, but fortunately I was able to talk about some issues that I will get fired up discussing whether I'm speaking into a microphone or not. I don't know. I was sceptical at first, but I ultimately got accepted, so I guess it didn't go as poorly as I imagined.

That said, I'll add that NOSM handled it pretty flawlessly. I found it very straightforward and everything went without a hitch.

Hi,

I don't know if you are comfortable answering my questions and it's okay if you don't want to,I totally understand! It's just to guide me on how to structure my answers regarding the 3 questions related to the autobiographical sketch (ABS): Considering NOSM’s missions and values and the self-directed, small group, distributed learning environment, select THREE (3) of the entries you listed in your autobiographical sketch and explain how they have specifically prepared you for being a medical student at the Northern Ontario School of Medicine.

How did you start the beginning of your answers? did you answer the question first and then develop your answer considering NOSM'S missions and values? they mention in their question about self-direct,small group and distributed learning environment.What do they mean by distributed learning environment?

Thank you so much :)