Premed 101 Forums

UBC DMD reference letters due date? Is there advantage in applying early?

Hi guys,

i haven’t started applying for UBC yet, but I’m wondering do we need to hand in our reference letters by August 25 if we want to submit our applications before August 25 to get early interview? Is there a format to follow for the reference letters?

Do you guys know if there’s an advantage in getting an admission or an interview for applying and submitting the applications early before August 25? I read on the website that if we submit the applications before August 25, the applicants are most likely be interviewed during the October cycle.

Any ideas on if the MMI and the small group interview will be online or in person because of this covid? 

I don’t know how how many people are usually in the small group interview, but wouldn’t people have to be screaming across the room in order to keep social distancing? 

Hey Yampotato,

When I applied this last cycle we had to have ALL of our supporting documents (reference letters, transcripts etc.) submitted by the application deadline (in your case August 25th). I can’t imagine they have changed that. 

For applying early, you have the opportunity of being admitted early. I would recommend submitting your application ASAP to have a chance at early admission.

I believe I read somewhere on the website that interviews for the class of 2025 will be held online - don’t hold me to that though. 

For future reference, check the UBC “FAQ” page since most of these questions can be answered there :) and that way you know the information you receive is correct as it’s straight from the source. As a very last resort don’t hesitate to contact admissions. They are super helpful but tend to get very busy, so ask early if you have any questions you can’t seem to have answered at other places.

13 hours ago, jd2020 said:

Hey Yampotato,

When I applied this last cycle we had to have ALL of our supporting documents (reference letters, transcripts etc.) submitted by the application deadline (in your case August 25th). I can’t imagine they have changed that. 

For applying early, you have the opportunity of being admitted early. I would recommend submitting your application ASAP to have a chance at early admission.

I believe I read somewhere on the website that interviews for the class of 2025 will be held online - don’t hold me to that though. 

For future reference, check the UBC “FAQ” page since most of these questions can be answered there :) and that way you know the information you receive is correct as it’s straight from the source. As a very last resort don’t hesitate to contact admissions. They are super helpful but tend to get very busy, so ask early if you have any questions you can’t seem to have answered at other places.

PM you

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 9:35 AM, jd2020 said:

Hey Yampotato,

I know there’s a place to enter the contact information for reference letters, so does that mean I have to submit my application earlier than August 25, in order for UBC to send my professors the link portal to write me the reference letters? 

• 2 weeks later...